INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using a laptop as a remote control  (Read 1952 times)

chew.isaac

• Recent member
Using a laptop as a remote control
« on: September 29, 2011, 06:26:22 pm »

I need help. All my media resides in a "main laptop" which should also play the media (the renderer).

I am using a "remote laptop" to attempt remote control of the "main laptop".

Under Option/Media Network I set main laptop as the server as well as the renderer under advanced.

I enable DLNA controller for the remote laptop under advanced and under client options enable "automatically sync changes" and "Show playback zones".

On my remote laptop I can load the library of the main laptop to see the files of the main laptop but when I play, it played through the remote laptop. The main laptop media streamed to the remote laptop and played from there.
From my experience, for the remote laptop directly under “Playing now” I should see the main laptop appearing as a device (besides appearing as a library) so that I can choose to play the song through it. But I don't see it.

Does anyone have an advice? Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Using a laptop as a remote control
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 06:36:51 pm »

If all you want to do is control playback on the server from the client, you can do that with Library Server.

Make sure it's on at the server.

Then connect from the client.  When you go to File/Library, you should see the server in the list.  It will look like "Library Server [your server name]".

At this point, you can play from the server to your client, OR you can play anything on your server.  To do that, find your server under the client's Playing Now.  Click on it to set playback there, or drag files to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up