INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe Drivers (Which one should I use?)  (Read 3002 times)

EricTheBlue

• Recent member
Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe Drivers (Which one should I use?)
« on: October 03, 2011, 03:54:28 pm »

I'm building a new HTPC that I plan to use as a prepro directly into a Rotel MC power amp.  A key component of my new "PC-Prepro" will be Asus' Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe 7.1 soundcard.  I was planning on (and of course still can) use the latest driver from Asus' website for this card which is a couple of months old, but a post on AVS forum talking about PC-prepros recommends this driver instead: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=21034095#post21034095.  Third party driver: http://brainbit.wordpress.com/category/uni-xonar/.  I understand the potential benefits of using it in lieu of Asus' driver but does anyone have any experience with it and the HDAV card?  Reading through the comments for the third party driver I found some posts mentioning incompatibility with the HDAV cards.

Alternatively, would it make more sense to just go with Asus' latest driver?  Though I'm not new to soundcards in general, I am new to dedicated multi-channel ones for AV/HT use combined with MC.

Thanks in advance for some advice.

Eric

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe Drivers (Which one should I use?)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 04:28:44 pm »

Hi, Eric. I'm desertdome at AVS and just responded to your question there. I don't have an HDAV so I can't help regarding any incompatibility. I never had any problem with the standard Asus drivers, but liked the third party drives because of their smaller overhead. The standard drivers, as I recall, installed a lot more stuff that wasn't needed.

When using the ASIO drivers you have to use internal volume control in JRiver. Don't turn on any DSP in the drivers. For bass management, distance settings, etc. you should use JRiver's DSP Studio.

EricTheBlue

• Recent member
Re: Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe Drivers (Which one should I use?)
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 05:53:00 pm »

Mojave,

Thanks for letting me know about your handles between the respective forums.  I did plan on using ASIO drivers and I like the idea of a lightweight driver while using MC for audio configuration so perhaps I'll give the modded driver a go.

Eric
Pages: [1]   Go Up