INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trrack sorting  (Read 1941 times)

Galaxian

• Junior Woodchuck
Trrack sorting
« on: September 24, 2011, 03:42:11 am »

Hi,

I hope someone can help with a rather irritating issue.

I'm viewing 'Artists > [artist] albums' under the audio artist node. When I click on one of the albums the track listing is not in order. Clicking the 'track #' header on the column corrects this but the setting is never remembered and in any event it only applies to the particular album (so for example clicking another album under the artist I have to click the column again). Going back to an album and the tracks are again jumbled.

How to I 'force' MC to remember the settings. I want the tracks listed in order period. So no matter what album is selected the tracks are always in order.

Thanks for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trrack sorting
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 06:32:15 am »

Right click on the view and choose "customize".  Check the settings there.

If you're using MC in a client/server mode (using Library Server, for example), check the settings on the server.

Galaxian

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 06:31:07 am »

Sorry, can you be more prescriptive?

Struggling to make sense of it here.

When you say 'view' do you mean right clicking the artists node in the left hand tree?

If I do this there is no such option as "customize". There is "Customise view". If I select, how do I get the tracks to list in order. I would have thought it more intuitive for MC to remember the column sorting rules following the steps I described in my earlier post.

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
  • You don't know what you're missing until its gone
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 09:32:48 am »

• Select 'Artists' in the treeview on the left.
  • In the tab above the view it says 'Artists' with an expand button to the right.
  • Expand it and select 'Customize view...'

Regards
Paul

Galaxian

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 02:03:33 am »

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I still cannot get this to work.

The problem is in the lower pane under 'All files'.

When under 'Artists' in the upper pane, the tracks list in ascending order in the lower pane as expected. If an artist has more than one album and you drill down into it so that all albums by that artist are listed in the lower pane ('All files'), the tracks are jumbled for some albums.

I've added 'track#' under customize view under 'list files' (show categories in this order). So under this view I have: Album Artist>>Album>>Track#. This does not work.

Thanks in advance.

Galaxian

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 01:14:25 am »

Anyone?
Pages: [1]   Go Up