INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help from any WDTV Live users  (Read 1791 times)

Wildcat

• Junior Woodchuck
Need help from any WDTV Live users
« on: October 04, 2011, 02:19:41 pm »

To put it simply, I am trying to play and control my music from my laptop to my WDTV Live via MC's DLNA sever without much luck.

Set Up:
           Music library resides on my laptop and consists of MP3' and FLAC's
           MC installed on laptop, DLNA enabled, Audio set to "never convert, no image or video support, under Advanced DLNA Server and DLNA Controler are checked.
           MC version 16,0.179
           OS is Windows 7 Home Premium
           Netgear Wireless router
           WDTV Live
           Yamaha Reciever

Now i'm not sure if this is a problem with MC, WDTV, or with my router.
    Music starts off playing fine at first then stops and MC becomes locked up and I have to force it to close.
    Sometimes it will only play one or two songs and other times around 20 or 30 songs. Never consistent.

I also have a library that resides on a external hard drive attached to my WDTV Live. When trying to play from this library via MC on my laptop to WDTV Live, things are even worse. It will only play one song a stops.

I have tried various DLNA settings, DLNA Extra, set audio to convert, and have wired my laptop to my router without any success!
    Will be happy to provide any further information if needed that's not listed above.
    Really would like to get this working.  :-\
    Any help would be appreciated!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Need help from any WDTV Live users
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 05:11:06 pm »

We have a wdtv live here and use it extensively in testing and haven't run into that trouble.
You might want to check that windows media sharing is off on you PC. That may confuse the wdtv.
I've never tested the last scenario you describe, with the data on the wdtv and MC as the controller and the wdtv again as the renderer. That's a pretty complicated pathway (though I'd think it would work).
Pages: [1]   Go Up