INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Invisible" playlists  (Read 1374 times)

DaLarry

• Recent member
  • Yesteryear's technology RIGHT NOW!
"Invisible" playlists
« on: October 05, 2011, 12:02:18 pm »

I've been happily using JRiver Media Center since Version 12 (I think?).  It is still functioning pretty flawlessly but there is one extreme puzzle.  I have a HUGE music collection (250 GB +) and I like to make copies of my playlists periodically.  They are supposed to be found at "c:\Users\[my profile]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Library\Playlists" and most of them are.  However, all that I've created recently don't appear there.  However, they are obviously somewhere because they work perfectly in MC16.  A typical one is a new one I created a few days ago called "Favorites II."  It should have created a file called "Favorites II.m3u" but I can't find it anywhere, yet it works fine within MC 16.  I've even done a complete search of my 5 HD/5 TB system for all kinds of variations of "Favorites II" but no joy.  I'm completely stumped.  Anyone have any idea what's going on?

PS: It probably doesn't have anything to do with it but I'm running Windows 7 Pro on a P4 hyperthreading 3.06 GHZ w/4 (3GB usable) memory.  It's basically a dedicated video and audio server and not used for anything else.  Music is on a dedicated HD.  Video/TV is split between two drives (A-L & M-Z).
The technology of a sufficiently advanced civilization will be virtually indistinguishable from magic.
Sir Arthur C. Clarke

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: "Invisible" playlists
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 12:41:55 pm »

The playlists are a part of the database (aka MC's library). They are not automatically saved to any universally compatible disk files (like m3u).

You would need to export the playlists if you want to have also m3u files.

File > Export Playlist...  or
File > Export All Playlists...

(Perhaps you have done the latter in the past. On first use it will create the "Playlists" folder in the library location.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

DaLarry

• Recent member
  • Yesteryear's technology RIGHT NOW!
Re: "Invisible" playlists
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 01:30:43 pm »

Thanx!  That was the answer.  I guess I should explore MC16 and what it can do more thoroughly.  Usually I'm just happy to use it.
The technology of a sufficiently advanced civilization will be virtually indistinguishable from magic.
Sir Arthur C. Clarke
Pages: [1]   Go Up