INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA, 3D .mpo, PS/3 needs test  (Read 5296 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
DLNA, 3D .mpo, PS/3 needs test
« on: October 07, 2011, 02:22:20 pm »

Would someone out there with a PS/3 and a 3D TV (and glasses) try importing this file with 17.0.9 or newer and see if it shows up in 3d via DLNA (image conversion off)?

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/testmedia/foo.mpo

It displays on the Sony NX810 we have but we don't have the transmitter/glasses.

I'm guessing that it should work since it does display and the mimetype is image/mpo which doesn't work for any other DLNA renderer we have but does on the PS/3.

Thanks...

bob

• Administrator
Re: DLNA, 3D .mpo, PS/3 needs test
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 02:20:07 pm »

Really? Nobody with a PS/3 and 3d TV?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 03:00:01 pm »

Summs up the popularity of 3D I guess!
JRiver CEO Elect

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 11:06:31 am »

I'm actually waiting for MC to support 3D. I've had a 3D capable TV (checkerboard only) for over 4 years. If I could take SBS and/or half SBS mkvs, play them in MC and output to checkerboard, I'd pay for some glasses immediately.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 11:25:04 am »

I'm thinking about a 3d projector.

Can EVR or madVR accept 3d input?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 11:28:20 am »

Not sure about EVR/MadVR and 3D. I'm going to wait for next year's projectors before even considering 3D for the main HT. Epson kinda blew it this year by removing lens shift from their low end 3010 3D model... although the rest of the spec are very cool for the price.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 11:38:27 am »

The big problem is not accepting 3D, its presenting it properly.
No freely available renderer right now can do it, the big problem is that the 3D presentation APIs are mostly vendor dependent - i have some code samples how to do HDMI 1.4 3D rendering for Intel, its probably different for others.

If you want 3D, right now you're limited to the commercial 3D BD players, or that "Stereoscopic player"
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 02:09:57 pm »

Not sure about EVR/MadVR and 3D. I'm going to wait for next year's projectors before even considering 3D for the main HT. Epson kinda blew it this year by removing lens shift from their low end 3010 3D model... although the rest of the spec are very cool for the price.

I agree about the lens shift.

I have a hole built into my wall for a projector, so I don't have much placement flexibility.

I was measuring last night, and I think I'm within half a foot horizontally and vertically for the 3010.  But even half a foot is enough to skew the image by an inch or two, and I think it might drive me crazy.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 02:12:32 pm »

The big problem is not accepting 3D, its presenting it properly.
No freely available renderer right now can do it, the big problem is that the 3D presentation APIs are mostly vendor dependent - i have some code samples how to do HDMI 1.4 3D rendering for Intel, its probably different for others.

If you want 3D, right now you're limited to the commercial 3D BD players, or that "Stereoscopic player"

I wonder if an nVidia 3d vision based renderer would be hard to write?  It's probably a bit different than a 3d game, because you don't use a z-buffer, but instead just have an image for each eye.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 02:14:56 pm »

I was measuring last night, and I think I'm within half a foot horizontally and vertically for the 3010.  But even half a foot is enough to skew the image by an inch or two, and I think it might drive me crazy.

I have to wait for the proper reviews to come in but it appears that the 3010 has a mechanical, rather than digital, keystoning. I've heard rumours that this doesn't affect picture quality as much as the digital variety, but we'll see.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 06:43:17 pm »

I have to wait for the proper reviews to come in but it appears that the 3010 has a mechanical, rather than digital, keystoning. I've heard rumours that this doesn't affect picture quality as much as the digital variety, but we'll see.

Not exactly a glowing review:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/epson_home_cinema_3010_3d_projector_review.htm?page=Conclusion

It ends by recommending the older 8350 for 2D.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 12:22:26 am »

Not exactly a glowing review:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/epson_home_cinema_3010_3d_projector_review.htm?page=Conclusion

It ends by recommending the older 8350 for 2D.

Yeah, I saw this today. Well, I can certainly recommend the 8350. Even after a year, I'm still blown away by it. If the 5010's feature set could be had for $1500 next year, I'd probably take it. To date, I haven't seen a single 3d movie or demo, and am getting kind of impatient to try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up