INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Texas finally gets some rain  (Read 1044 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Texas finally gets some rain
« on: October 09, 2011, 07:07:02 pm »

It has been very dry in the South Central US, starting from Texas, but extending up into Kansas.  But the last couple of days have brought the rain they've been hoping for.

Radar image

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Texas finally gets some rain
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 07:12:01 pm »

To get the full effect, take a look at the whole US in looping mode:

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
Re: Texas finally gets some rain
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 08:02:53 pm »

Incredible images! But for Texas it looks like the rain is concentrated in one band. I'd imagine that most of the state needs a bunch of rain.

Also I couldn't get the whole country image to loop at the same time - only portions by clicking on a certain area.

We live in a 'Rain forest' here in Powell River, BC, Canada so we get plenty of rain. Just got back from a wonderful 2 week boat trip to nearby Desolation Sound. Was cool out and got some rain, but with the inside steering station on our trawler and good heat aboard we were always very comfortable. Sat through what was 40-50 knot winds on the more open waters nearby a couple of different times. In our very protected anchorages we had very mild average breezes with gusts about 20 knots max. Sure wouldn't have wanted to be on the more exposed waters then! Another big plus was since our cruise was post season the anchorages were almost empty and some nights were except for us.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up