INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slide Show Stops Running  (Read 949 times)

Don W

• World Citizen
Slide Show Stops Running
« on: October 05, 2011, 09:59:38 am »

I have a very large collection of images which I run in Slide Show in Theater View. The slide show runs fine for 5 or 10 minutes but eventually just stops, seemingly for no reason. It isn't hung because I can start it up again by pressing the play or forward or skip buttons on the remote. This happens every time I run the slide show. Anybody have any ideas of what is going on?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Slide Show Stops Running
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 11:59:11 am »

Any chance it just reached the end of the slideshow?  What if you make a playlist (or smartlist) of _all_ images and play that?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Don W

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 06:59:04 pm »

I tried making a playlist and dragging the entire folder of images into it, ran it as shuffled slideshow in theater view, and and it still stopped playing. There are 200 gigs worth of png files in this folder, organized in a hierarchy of sub folders, so there is no chance it has reached the end of the slide show. I also tried going to Images->All Files->Shuffled Slideshow and it always ends up stopping after a variable amount of time. I've noticed that the first time played it takes much longer to get to the point where it stops. Then I can restart it by clicking play or skip on the remote, and it will go for a few frames but stops much sooner.

Don W

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 04:57:05 pm »

Bump. Is this a bug? Is there a way to report bugs?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 06:10:00 pm »

Bump. Is this a bug? Is there a way to report bugs?
You can report a bug by posting in the thread that announces the build.  You could just summarize the problem there and link to this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up