INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do not find covers in MC16  (Read 1994 times)

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
Do not find covers in MC16
« on: October 12, 2011, 07:52:46 am »

Hi,
In MC15 it was very rarelys that it did not find covers during ripping. I have ripped more than 2,500 CD's so I base this on some experince. But since I changed to MC16 it finds only 5-10 per cent of the covers. So each time I have to put the cursor on the rescent album -> click on google > find the album cover -> save it -> then "add from file" that will paste it.

In the cases MC15 did not get the cover automatically, I also went in to Google to look for it, but then I right clicked on the mouse and could past it to the rescent album direct without saving first.

So going from a five stars in easy handling, it is now only getting 3 stars. However, the mistake is maybe on my side. I have tried to find other options to resolve this but so far no success. Can you help out?

Regards from Scandinavia

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Do not find covers in MC16
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 10:48:27 am »

Hi,
In MC15 it was very rarelys that it did not find covers during ripping. I have ripped more than 2,500 CD's so I base this on some experince. But since I changed to MC16 it finds only 5-10 per cent of the covers.
I just tried 5 albums and got 100% so I don't know what the problem could be.

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 11:13:36 am »

Thanks - maybe it is my music taste :( At this time i rip all my classical CD's - done 150, still 250 to do. Previously it was more contemporary folk & jazz.

How about my second question, that I can't paste the covers without saving them first. In MC15 I only had to do that when I took own shots.

rgds

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 11:14:41 am »

Copy from a web site and paste to the image tag should work.  Where are you pasting?

I tested, using IE as an external browser and copying into the image tag window.  It worked.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 11:38:35 am »

Thanks - maybe it is my music taste :( At this time i rip all my classical CD's - done 150, still 250 to do. Previously it was more contemporary folk & jazz.

Classical is difficult. The ripper's cover art downloader uses the "Album Artist (auto)" and "Album" library fields in the search query. For classical those tags can vary a lot depending on the personal preferences. This is a problem also with the otherwise excellent "Cover Art > Get From Internet" tool.

In the past I have requested an option that would allow to try an alternative manually typed search string in the "Get From Internet" window if the library field based query does not find a suitable cover art image.

In addition, if an image is selected and downloaded after using a different search string, the database on JRiver's server could add the user's real tags to the same image file (or if that is too difficult for the database engine, just duplicate the image with a new "name"). After a while many of the images would contain several alternate "names" and the search results would be better.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 12:53:46 pm »

The manually typed cover art search could work like the search in the "Get Movie Info" tool, except that maybe it should have separate boxes for the album artist and the album (to avoid the need to add a separator to the search string).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 02:15:54 pm »

Copy from a web site and paste to the image tag should work.  Where are you pasting?
In MC 15 (which is now removed from my file so I can't recall in detail) when the cover art was not found automatically, I used Google from the "recently ripped" window. Normally it is never hard to get the cover that way. But then the big difference shows up. In MC15 I clicked right mouse and got a MC15-box asking if I wanted to tag the image to the album. Then I was done.

When I click the right mouse with MC16 I get a normal windows scroll bar with "copy image as..." (plus all other commands like properties, print functions etc. So what I do is saving the image in a normal folder. Then I go back to MC16 to the "Recently ripped" window and put the cursor on the empty folder and then with the right mouse button i "add from file..."

It takes at least twice the time versus MC15. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up