INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does the song restart when I modify tags?  (Read 1680 times)

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
Why does the song restart when I modify tags?
« on: September 17, 2003, 02:56:11 pm »

I consider this to be a moderately serious bug, because I use MJ at public events where I am the DJ and hundreds of people are dancing to the music that I'm playing.

When I modify the tags of a file that happens to be currently playing (such as with the content pane, or the properties window), as soon as I save the changes the song will fade out and start from the beginning.

The reason this is a serious problem is that typically I'll think of modifying data while the song is playing: for example, it's usually when I'm playing a song that it occurs to me to fix spelling or capitalization errors in the name, artist, or album.

Waiting until the song is finished isn't an acceptable workaround, because by that time (when I'm on a gig) my mind will be on other things and I won't have time to go back to edit the tags on previously-played songs.

Thanks in advance,

Solomon

p.s. I'm new to MJ and I'm really loving it - it does lots of the things that I was looking for in DJ software.  Can someone explain to me the difference between MJ and MC?  Is MC considered an upgrade to MJ or a different product?  If it's a different product, then is development continuing on MJ?  (I assume that both packages share the bulk of their source code?)  And if it's an upgrade, then why is MJ still being sold?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Why does the song restart when I modify tags?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 03:17:40 pm »

Why does the song restart when I modify tags?

In MJ8 It does

Waiting until the song is finished isn't an acceptable workaround

But in MC9 it does not

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/buy_faq_9.html
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 03:21:14 pm »

Thanks...  Then, I'm still wondering, are MC and MJ considered different products, or is MC considered to be the latest version of MJ?  Cause if they're different products, then I'd like to see this bug fixed in the next version of MJ.  But if they're different versions of the same product, then why is MJ still being marketed?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 03:53:27 pm »

I do not think you will see any more versions of MJ8.

that is also not a bug.

That is how it should be

As stated in the MC9 forum after MC9.1 release there may be a few more versions of MC9.1 before they start working On MC10

>> then why is MJ still being marketed?
I don't know the answer to that other than it is cheeper.

there was talk about when MC9 was released that there was to be an MJ9. basicly it would be MC9 with out the video.

BTW: J river will not comment on this (Or at least they have not yet), and they don't tell me anything you don't know.

sometimes I feel like barney fife
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 12:47:08 pm »

Cool, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up