INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this possible?  (Read 1233 times)

drb

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Is this possible?
« on: October 15, 2011, 09:26:50 am »

Hello all,
I would like to sort my mp3s. (They do have any tags or anything - just file name). I will be sorting based on what I like. If it is a good paced song, then probably goes into say 'good pace' folder like that.

When I drag the song from the panel to the left folder tree stucture, prompts 'move, copy & cancel' prompt. How can I temporarily disable that prompt make all dragging to 'move'?

please let me know.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 10:20:24 am »

Please consider making a custom Library Field instead, which you fill with such things as "Good paced". It will not take much longer to select this tags than it does moving the files. Then you can do what ever you like with it afterwards. Depending on file structure is NOT a good way to do it in the long run, even though it seems great here and now.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

drb

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 12:38:43 pm »

I agree with setting up a library. Shall do it.

However, I would like to send as a folder of songs to others whenever I need to. So in that case, if all songs that I want are already in one folder, it would be easy to manage (add, delete etc).

please...

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 01:46:19 pm »

You can easily get the types of files you want by creating play lists, sort on library fields and then drag it to a USB drive or what ever to copy. If it's a local client that is. This is a bit harder on a Library Server client. There is really not many uses of a "pretty" directory structure. If you still insist, then others have to help you. I've never played with directory structures.

As you already have imported files, you do have a library. Only thing you would need is to do a bit tagging. Try to create a custom library field first, and tag some files. It'll be pretty neat.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up