INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: best solution for playing music on an iphone from MC16 server  (Read 1533 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
best solution for playing music on an iphone from MC16 server
« on: October 15, 2011, 10:34:51 am »

Hi,

My wife just bought iPhone 4S and we are no longer iOS-free :(. So, we need a solution for playing music from MC16 on the iPhone. I tried couple of approaches:

• WebPlay - it works but doesn't play entire albums ( I can only play one track - playing an entire album gives a weird looking webpage and no playback. Also, can't browse music while something is playing in the background.
  • DLNA client on iPhone to connect to MC16's DLNA server: MLPlayer Lite doesn't work at all for me. Smartstore Fusion stream player works well as a DLNA client but only plays one song from the album at a time.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Osho

chirpp

• World Citizen
Re: best solution for playing music on an iphone from MC16 server
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 11:48:37 am »

I have been using Plug Player and it has worked well. I can play while on local network or while on 3g and it works. Downfall is I had to increase my cache time out and therefore this is a big pause between each song.

I recently downloaded Audiogalaxy and it seems to work well too. However, it makes it's own library so although I am pointing it to the same files, it has to load them separately. I was able to export playlists from JR and import to Audiogalaxy and that worked too.

Hope that helps!

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 12:42:07 pm »

I have been using Plug Player and it has worked well. I can play while on local network or while on 3g and it works. Downfall is I had to increase my cache time out and therefore this is a big pause between each song.

I recently downloaded Audiogalaxy and it seems to work well too. However, it makes it's own library so although I am pointing it to the same files, it has to load them separately. I was able to export playlists from JR and import to Audiogalaxy and that worked too.

Hope that helps!

Thanks - I will try out Audiogalaxy.

Osho

vicini

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 07:28:09 pm »

I just found an app for this called 8player. it's 4.99 in the app store. i did try the 8player lite, which is free and it worked very well.
Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up