INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming video with Oppo BDP-83  (Read 3406 times)

dummy

• Recent member
Streaming video with Oppo BDP-83
« on: October 09, 2011, 10:54:53 pm »

How do I stream videos from my PC with my Oppo BDP-83? I use to be able to do It in another set up I had last year but I am trying to configure MC16 to do It now, to no avail unfortunately. Can't really remember what I did last year to make It work.

It would be much more convenient than always having to transfer stuff to my USB key to play on the Oppo. Beside, files over 4GB cannot be transferred on a USB key on FAT32 and the Oppo doesn't read NTFS. Also, the image was much better through the Oppo than from my PC video card to my plasma.

My Netwerk on the Oppo sees my PC and offers me audio, video, image, etc, but nothing on the folders even though I built a library on MC16.

Anyone had any ideas what to do here and can help me with my setup?

Thanks a lot in advance.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Streaming video with Oppo BDP-83
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 03:58:20 am »

Does the Opp work via DLNA? If so, have you built DLNA views in MC?

dummy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 12:44:36 pm »

Yes the Oppo is DLNA certified. I haven't built views in MC as I don't know what/how to do hence my problem here. It is on the MC configuration side that I am stuck.

I did check "Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA" in the Media Network options. Below that, there is the option to add/configure DLNA servers but no choice for Oppo there so I left at generic DLNA.

Anything else I should check/uncheck or be doing on the configuration side?

Thanks!

csimon

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 12:50:26 pm »

There should be an option called "Customise DLNA views" or something like that.  With MC, you have to build all your views separately for each type of server you want it to be. So presumably you have got your library set up as you want it within MC itself and can browse your library from within MC, but you also need to set up the same view structure on the DLNA side.  From the way you've described it, it sounds like the DLNA server has got main categories of audio, video, images but there is no menu structure defined beneath them.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 12:58:52 pm »

DLNA views are determined by the device itself.

dummy

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 01:42:24 pm »

First, thanks a lot for the help.

Second, english is not my first language so I may be a tad slow to get stuff here. Sorry for that.

With the Oppo, I have a few icons to choose from (music, photo, movie, network, etc). I choose MyNetwork and then It show me MyPC (which is, well, my pc!). Then within "MyPC" are folders; music, video, pictures, selections. Within each folders, other folders for; all music, genre, a-z, etc. Problem here is there is no content on any folders except the picture folders. Nothing in the video folder, nothing in the music folder. Which is weird to me since my library has lots of videos and music. And yet, the pictures that are showing in the pictures folder are part of the same library as the music and videos. So the Oppo sees the pictures only but nothing else.

Just to be clear here, on MC, under file > Library, I have "Main Library" where ALL my music (only) is, configured to play on my USB DAC and everything is working great there since day 1 (more than a year).

Again, File > Library > Main Library. Now, under Main Library, I see MyVistaPc which I checked to built another library with music, videos, pictures, etc. This is now my second library I am trying to use to work with the Oppo DNLA wise. And that's where nothing is working. On the MC, in this library, I see all my music, videos, pictures, etc. Therefore I thought the Oppo should see It too since those are the same folders I see when I clic on MyNetwork on the Oppo.

Alas, no content on any folders, except, again, the pictures. So the structure on the Oppo side is there, but there is (almost) no content in the folders. Why is that?

Again, sorry for the language barrier and If my translation is more confusing than helpful here.

Mark_NL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 03:36:48 pm »

Hi there, i'm a newbee... not sure i can help.

Are you sure you see the jriver dlna server?  If the name is not changed it should be called "MyPc (Generic Dlna)".
I'm asking because it is possible you see the windows (7 and vista) build in media server.
This happened to me. I my case the problem was the firewall.

dummy

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 02:42:29 pm »

Thanks Mark

I am not sure If my Oppo sees JRiver or the build in Windows (which I didn't know Windows had in the first place) It does not say General DNLA but MyVistaPC (which is the name I gave my PC).

The fault is on my side for sure as I am not really technically inclined enough nor am I very patient when I don't understand stuff...

After a bit of googling, I did find a solution though. I installed TVersity and within 2 minutes everything was up and running. Works perfect for what I was looking for although It doesn't play AVI files. Then again, I don't remember MC16 playing those files either through the Oppo last year when I had It working.

Anyway, again, the problem is most likely me, I am sure MC16 would be able to do the exactly same thing as TVersity (as It did last year) but I just can't make It work this time and I got fed up so...

Thanks for the suggestion anyway Monsieur.

Pages: [1]   Go Up