INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dvd Blu movies on Two Discs  (Read 2267 times)

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
Dvd Blu movies on Two Discs
« on: October 18, 2011, 09:00:35 pm »

Whats the best way to deal with movies that are split on two discs, example being LOTR and the Ten Commandments. Would it make sense to rip them seperate into 2 MKV files then join them as one or put trhe two files as a playlist in MC? Trying to see how to work with these movies in my collection.

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Dvd Blu movies on Two Discs
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 01:20:27 am »

I have done that with LOTR. It plays perfectly for 3½ hours without interruptions. Rip one disc to one .mkv at a time and then use mkvmerge to join them as one file.

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 04:22:54 am »

I have done that with LOTR. It plays perfectly for 3½ hours without interruptions. Rip one disc to one .mkv at a time and then use mkvmerge to join them as one file.

Just tested using mkvmerge on the Ten Commandments from the two discs converted to mkv and worked perfectly, chapters and all. So I'll use the same method for the LOTR movies. Thanks!

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 10:12:21 pm »

I've seen a couple of posts indicating one needs to trim a bit of the end of disk 1 and beginning of disk 2 to get perfect sync throughout the full combined mkv (specifically referring to the US versions).

Can anyone comment on their experience with this?  I don't think it will take long to trim them, but if it's unnecessary, I do think I'd prefer to avoid it.

I'm actually trimming the end of disk 1 right now, but haven't even ripped the other 2 disks yet, so figured I'd look for some feedback before I got too far along.

This is one of the posts I'm referring to, but later in the thread, someone suggests to trim 2 seconds from the beginning of disk 2 which eliminates all black screen from the resultant merged file.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=316084&postcount=38

Anyway, thanks in advance for any feedback.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up