INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist image issues  (Read 1420 times)

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
Artist image issues
« on: October 17, 2011, 06:21:31 pm »

I don't know if this is a bug, but after i uploaded all the artist with cover, or i do some change at the artist cover inside MC, all my info in the artist field what is related, are gone, and this way i lost so many hour to add them.
If anybody know some detail about this, care to explain how is this possible.
Is the artist cover related to the fields and this way it will undo what is in that field?
Now if i want to add or to change a image of an artist i will lose again all the data from that fields.
Hope someone had the same problem.
Good luck.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Artist image issues
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 06:31:00 pm »

MC makes automatic backups.  You could restore one (make another first).  File/Library/Library Manager.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 09:52:09 am »

MC makes automatic backups.  You could restore one (make another first).  File/Library/Library Manager.
I did what you tell me to do , and i restore my library, but for some reason before i start to upload my settings, the library it show that is fine but after start to be restore is back how was before restored.
That mean what i restore is not there, and i lost the information.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 09:58:55 am »

Try choosing an older backup.  There should be many.  If you have a previous version of MC (MC15, for example), try restoring a backup from it.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 10:52:16 am »

I believe is not a problem of library, just some fields who are related, especially about that field who are for each artist, there the information where they missing.
Is where i have information about artist they are gone after the library is uploaded.
Ex: i have a field called related artist (store one value for each artist), before i start to upload from an old backup (try it 3 backup and is the same) it say i have over 20000files, and after is uploaded is under 6000files.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 03:34:21 pm »

After i restore my backup library i did some minor testing and i saw this behavior:
I add some information on the field where relation is (store one value for each artist) and after that i go to the artist image folder and change the image of that artist where i added the information and after i do a short import.
After the import finish, the information added in that field is gone (the other two selection on the field, are untouched)
My question is this a bug or this way it should work?
If anybody know some details maybe can help to understand this behavior.
Pages: [1]   Go Up