INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electri-q support  (Read 3379 times)

jarbe

• Junior Woodchuck
Electri-q support
« on: October 20, 2011, 02:29:12 am »

Hi,

I would very much like to be able to use Electri-q (from AiXcoustic Creations) together with JRiver MC.
Why?

I am usin Audiolense correction filters. (by convolver VST in J.river MC)  It is somewhat cumbersome to do a listen-improve-implement
procedure if you know what I mean. (have to enter Audiolense, modify traget, create new filter, load it into MC, and then listen) It would be much better if one could change the target on the the fly. This is possible with Electri-Q. I could then set the Audiolense target response to totally flat, and then play with Electri-q and hopefully arrive at a response curve that I am pleased with. In the end I could replicate this response curve in Audiolense and create the desired impulse file. In other words, Electri-q would just be an aid to arrive at a preferred response, and not a DSP that would normally run in my case.

I wrote to the developer of Electri-q (Christian-W. Budde) in hope that he could make Electri-q support JRiver MC.
Here is his response:

Currently the JRiver Media Center is not officially supported. There have been a few requests, but so far we're not sure whether we can support it at all. As far as I remember I already looked at the particular issues with the need for clarification by the JRiver developer, but haven't heard since.

Is there anything that can be done in order to achieve compatibility?
I hope that others see the same benefit as myself. I know that there are several Audiolense users that use JRiver MC.

Best Regards,
Jarle Bergene

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Electri-q support
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 09:55:39 am »

You can use Room Equalization Wizard (REW) to generate a Pink PN file using its generator. You can then playback the file in JRiver and use REW's RTA feature to capture the live measurement. I haven't done it before, but I think you can then use this measurement to create an impulse file that could be imported into Audiolense. I am actually having REW generate filters and I enter these directly into JRiver's Parametric EQ DSP. On Saturday I will be using this method to EQ twelve subwoofer setups at a subwoofer GTG. I'm going to write up a how-to next week.

Voxengo's GlissEQ works great with JRiver and I own it. You can playback a pink noise file and then use it to create filters on the fly, too. GlissEQ is nice because it works with 8 channels. You need to set the slope for the frequency response in GlissEQ to 2.75 to 3.5.
Pages: [1]   Go Up