INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: xmltv won't load data for all channels  (Read 3207 times)

struct

• Galactic Citizen
xmltv won't load data for all channels
« on: October 21, 2011, 01:36:12 pm »

I have an xmltv file downloaded using http://epgstream.net/index.php/xmltv-download/  This is a very simple way of getting xmltv data in australia. 

However, mC17 will not load all of the data within the xml file.  I can see all channels to connect the id's to the channel, but on the reading of the xml file it only populates data for the last channel in the file.  If I manually edit the xml file to remove the data for last channel, MC17 imports the new last channel.  Thus there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the data for a channel, it does load, it just has to be the last channel in the xml file.

I presume this could be a really easy fix. I am happy to send a sample file, or you can download one from the link above.

Thanks
Craig

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: xmltv won't load data for all channels
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 03:24:18 pm »

i have noticed that the channel id field (tag or whatever it is called) is interspersed through out the xml file that has problems.  channel id is listed just before the programs for that channel.  Other xml sources have theirs at the beginning.  I took a problem file and moved the channel ids to the beginning and it seems to work.  So if I had to guess, the code doesn't import any program info until if finds the last channel id.  would that be an easy fix?

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 05:38:17 am »

I have the same problem. Only the last channel of the XMLTV file will load. If you work up from the bottom deleting the program list for the last channel, you can load all stations. It's a pain, but it's the way I do it.

Open the file in notepad and search for 'channel id' which is found at the start of each channel listing. Search until you get to the last example in the file and then delete down to the bottom of the file where the html says something like '/program'.

You have to save the file after each delete and then reload into MC after each save.

We really need over the air EPG!

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 06:45:43 am »

Slightly off topic.

Have any of you Aussie guys seen this project:

shepherd
http://svn.whuffy.com/wiki

series of Perl scripts that seem quite useful to consolidate xmltv sources and add other data from other sources. Maybe someone with a programming nous can make them work for Windows/MC.

SBR

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 06:55:10 am »

Please email a sample to matt at jriver dot com.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 05:15:26 am »

I sent the sample today. Cheers.

Here's hoping you can do somethign with it, I noticed today that without EPG data theatre view in MC17 won't show anything for TV.

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 04:35:19 am »

Any progress with this? I have to update the EPG today and the current process is pretty tedious.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 03:44:35 pm »

Thanks for the sample file.

Coming in 17.0.30 (and newer):
Fixed: XMLTV parsing would only load one channel if the channels and programs were interlaced in the XML.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 05:59:07 pm »

We really need over the air EPG!
Hey Mastermind,

Just saw this referenced on another forum:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/epgcollector/

Seems capable of capturing OTA EPG to xmltv. The sourceforge forum suggests it works for DVB-T and some development was contributed to by some Antipodean types! May work for you.

Open source too......

SBR

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 02:19:36 am »

That update fixed the XMLTV problem, wish I followed up on it earlier.

@ Sandy - I've tried that program before and haven't ever gotten any data from it. I'm sure it's my problem but I can't work it out and have spent soem time trying.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 02:49:45 am »

Great.

I'll give it a whirl one of these days when I have time.

SBR

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 04:27:34 pm »

Hi guys,

the epgstream downloader is really, really easy to use.  You can give a very small donation to avoid a 30 second delay (which doesn't really matter as it happens in the background anyway) or just use the downloader as it is and have MC launch it automatically for you once a day.  I found it much easier than mucking around with scripts and it had the complete set of channels I wanted. 

Craig

PS Thanks Matt for the fix.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 02:33:10 am »

Hi guys,

the epgstream downloader is really, really easy to use.  You can give a very small donation to avoid a 30 second delay (which doesn't really matter as it happens in the background anyway) or just use the downloader as it is and have MC launch it automatically for you once a day.  I found it much easier than mucking around with scripts and it had the complete set of channels I wanted. 

Craig

PS Thanks Matt for the fix.

Craig

Sounds like you da man.

Saw your reply over here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67674.msg465671#msg465671

Any tips cum "idiots guide" for setting things up sounds like a great offer for a dummass like me.

Cheers   ;D
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up