INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback options - can't stop tracks cutting off on DLNA device  (Read 1555 times)

envyc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Playback options - can't stop tracks cutting off on DLNA device
« on: September 12, 2011, 10:52:10 pm »

I have a J River ID device and am streaming a mixture of audio files to it. Irrespective of the media file type the tracks are cutting off about 10 seconds before the end. I have tried every combination of playback options to no avail. I have tried with conversion on and off. Any ideas.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playback options - can't stop tracks cutting off on DLNA device
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 06:31:42 am »

How about cross fading settings?

And buffering?

lazy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 06:40:42 am »

I have a J River ID device and am streaming a mixture of audio files to it. Irrespective of the media file type the tracks are cutting off about 10 seconds before the end. I have tried every combination of playback options to no avail. I have tried with conversion on and off. Any ideas.

I experienced something similar some time ago and it turned out that I had turned on "Do not play leading or trailing silence". In my rig it turned out to be far too aggressive and cut off a few seconds of most tracks.

envyc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 02:01:42 am »

I gave up on this problem for a while as I just couldn't determine where the fault is occurring.

Today, as a test, I initiated a ...build conversion cache on a number of files. The resulting MP3 files are all being created with the final few seconds missing. The amount missing is variable depending upon the length of the original track i.e. original 3:15 converted MP3 3:07, original 4:02 - converted 3:53. The original file plays back normally. The problem is consistent on 2 different PCs and is also occurring on MC17.

The source files are WMA9 at 320kbps.

I am at a loss to work this problem out. I have a conversion cache pre MC16 with files converted correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up