INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video questions  (Read 5542 times)

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
Video questions
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:18:57 am »

Hi!

I am new to JRiver MC, and I am amazed about your audio prosessing :o But I have some problems/reguests to improve on the video side:
Firstly JRiver is much much heavier than mpc-hc and potplayer... I do not have any dropped frames, but madVR says that I have dropped frame every 20-40min.... In potplayer and mpc-hc shows on the same video (1080p mkv) dropped frame every 1-3days!! So, there is a lot of difference! I have tested without using any kind of prosessing (avisynth,ffdshow, dsp studio) but it shows still dropped frame every 20-40min... I use ReClock via potplayer and mpc-hc, and WASAPI and videoclock in JRiver... Funny thing is that I donīt have any dropped frame (couple in the exclusive switch), but the bufferers go up and down, but in mpc-hc and potplayer they stay on the maximum...
Second thing related to madVR is, which version does JRiver use, because in the 0.76-version I have linear light scaling option on mpc-hc and potplayer, but I do not have it on JRiver :( Can you enable it?

About DSP-manager... My configuration hangs when trying to mix stereo DTS to 5.1 sound using build in enhancer... My configuration is: AMD Phemon II N930 quad 2.0Ghz, Radeon HD 5650 catalyst 11.10 latest, hdmi connected to Yamaha rx-v3900 and Sony 1080p projector... Do I have enough power in my CPU/GPU to run madVR with DSP-manager? If yes, how I can get it play smooth? Using 24hz mode, with 23.976-24fps material...
AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video questions
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:33:13 am »

Please use Red October Standard first to see if that works well.

Red October HQ takes a fairly powerful PC.

The version of MadVR is in the notes that announce the build.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 01:02:48 pm »

A dropped frame every 40 minutes is about right for the difference between 24fps and 23.976 fps playback.
I have an nVidia card which I had to do a "custom setup" on to get the 23.976.

You probably know this - but just in case - to get to the madVR settings, play a movie then right click on the desktop and select DirectShow Filters in the pop up box, from there click on MadVR and your in the settings.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 03:49:32 pm »

Turn on VideoClock (Tools --> Options --> Video --> General Video Settings).  This code does the same sort of audio resampling to keep it in line with the Video to prevent frames being dropped.  It should be better than Reclock when using madVR as the JR Devs and madshi worked together on getting this going and VideoClock reads the video frame rates from madVR itself.
JRiver CEO Elect

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 11:44:34 pm »

A dropped frame every 40 minutes is about right for the difference between 24fps and 23.976 fps playback.
I have an nVidia card which I had to do a "custom setup" on to get the 23.976.

You probably know this - but just in case - to get to the madVR settings, play a movie then right click on the desktop and select DirectShow Filters in the pop up box, from there click on MadVR and your in the settings.

Isn't that actually one dropped every 42 seconds or so? Which is an affliction for Clarkdale users, and SB to a lesser extent.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 01:43:10 am »

Yup it's around 42sec for the mismatch between 24hz and 23.976.  Of course no display runs exactly at 24hz (or 23.976) anyway so the timing of will vary.  My Intel G33 used to drop a single frame every 17sec when set to 24hz....  It is amazing how once you know it, you wait for the next one...terrible experience.
JRiver CEO Elect

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 04:55:24 am »

OK, I tried a lot of different things.... If I use ReClock, I get frame repeat every 10h-6d (Red October HQ), and when using Video Clock (build in) I get 20-40secs (as it was before, not minutes, my bad). So, this is just madVR display issue? ReClock gets too high results and Video Clock shows right times? I watched a hole movie yesterday (bunraku 720p mkv, was really good ;)) and I didnīt get any dropped frames (couple on exclusive swith, as usual). Movie was really smooth, so it is light enough for my configuration...

But I noticed that the audio renderer bugged or something... I tried WASAPI (runs fine with ReClock), but when trying it on JRiver audio renderer, I get only 2channels ? My Yamaha shows couple seconds that I donīt have any audio, then it switch to 2channels... When checking dsp-manager, it shows 2channels->switched it to 5.1->still my Yamaha shows only 2channels ? I get it working through waveout, but I liked more WASAPI quality (skips that windows mixer crap), so what I must do to get it to work? My DAC should support all bits (not 64 though), and HD-sounds up to 192khz...

Iīm playing with laptop (hp dv6) which has only 2channels buid in, so is that some kind of problem? Problem is weard, cause ReClock plays fine at the same time...

And for madVR settings, how I can use newer version with JRiver? Or is it impossible? That sounds stupid, but how about some manual updating option or directory to drop madVR?

Anyway program is fine, but it needs still some work on filter management (I hope some expert-mode, that lets me configure everything) If that is provided, you are close to perfect media center solution ;)
AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 11:02:34 am »

Isn't that actually one dropped every 42 seconds or so? Which is an affliction for Clarkdale users, and SB to a lesser extent.

Yea. Sorry. My eyes read minutes in the posting but my brain saw seconds.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 01:21:08 pm »

That's funny because it happened to me too at first.

OP, do you have the option to use a "23Hz" mode? If so, try that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up