INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie needs help with layouts  (Read 1314 times)

beat-breaker

• Recent member
Newbie needs help with layouts
« on: October 22, 2011, 09:48:02 am »

Hi,

I've been having issues playing gapless albums with windows media player and decided to give MC16 a go.  So far I've been really impressed with it, it's very flexible and customizable!

I've got a few questions, hopefully you can help me.

1) I've split my view into 2, so that I have a smallish column on the right of the screen, which I use as a now playing window like WMP has.  How do I lock this window so that it's only ever showing Now Playing?  I can use the lock facility but when I re-start MC16 it's no longer Now Playing!

2) When I view an album using the tree to select it, the album is displayed in the main window.  It has a title / heading in larger text.  It names the album, then the artist and then the year.  How do I change this so it refers to the album artist rather than the artist.  I see you can change this by using the group by option... problem is that there is no Album - Album Artist group option.  When I see an album I want it to show the album artist not the artist as often is shows "various artists".

3) When I use the Artists, Genres or Albums view to nagivate I get a nice list of in the main window.  When I then double click on (for example) an album I get a new window pop up showing the album.  How do I make the album just open in the main window instead of this sub-window like it does if I nagigate there using the tree?

I'm sure this is easy but I've been playing around, got it all looking how I want it to apart from these 3 things!
Thanks for your help :-)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Newbie needs help with layouts
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 10:03:49 am »

Welcome to Interact.

For #1, try the Startup settings in MC.  Last location should do it.

beat-breaker

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 11:09:04 am »

Thanks, that's solved Q1!! :-)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 11:11:40 am »

#2  I'm not sure where you are exactly, but try a few right clicks to see your options.

beat-breaker

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 03:07:53 pm »

I've solved Q2 now!

In order to sort by album artist and album, you need to define a new calculated field (via Tools / Options / Manage Library) which combines the album artist and album name into 1 field.  There's a simple language to define, just look at other and you can copy/paste.  Then you sort your list of tracks and select this new field from the advanced list (full list of all sort fields).

If anyone has worked out Q3 be interested to know

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up