INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17.0.22 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 8784 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 17.0.22 Beta -- Available Here
« on: October 25, 2011, 09:56:27 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170022.exe

17.0.22 (10/24/2011)

1. NEW: MC supports Hauppauge Colossus video capture device.  Untested.  Please test and report problems.
2. Fixed: Auto-import engine better handles ripped Blu-rays (previously it would log too much and unnecessarily analyze movies that were already imported).
3. Faster: Blu-ray anaylzer is about 5x faster (playback starts faster, and import happens faster).
5. NEW: Native MP4 plugin supports local raw AAC files.
6. Changed: Added logging to help troubleshoot UNC files being unreachable on some machines.
7. Fixed: Some previous TV recordings (jtv) would not play in MC17.
8. Fixed: Toggling list styles in Theater View no longer rolls through the TV grid style unless the view contains only television guide items.
9. Changed: Theater View says 'There are no items to display.' when viewing an empty file list.
10. Fixed: When the guide was empty in Theater View, it would draw an orphaned column header with no text.
11. Fixed: Selecting a subtitle for non-DVD playback could crash.
12. NEW: When deleting a video, a sidecar .EDL file with the same name will also be deleted.

17.0.21 (10/21/2011)

1. Changed: Updated to madVR 0.76.
2. Faster: When starting Play Doctor, playback will begin immediately while the prescription is filled in a background thread.
3. Fixed: Pushing to a DLNA device could dead-lock at the end of a track.
4. Fixed: DVD playback over library server had poor video quality on some content.
5. Fixed: When controlling a DLNA device, the UI would not update nicely for playback state changes.
6. NEW: On a Library Server client, dragging will allow dragging files to other programs if the file can be found through a UNC path or mapped drive.

17.0.20 (10/19/2011)

1. Changed: Media Center 17 no longer honors a Media Center 16 license.
2. NEW: Live TV uses custom madVR overlay drawing so the OSD will not change the display from exclusive mode to windowed mode.
3. Changed: Added 'Disk' to the Theater View default image and video views.
4. Changed: MC ignores some MP4/MOV atoms that have names that coincide with Apple iTunes metadata atoms but written in formats different from iTunes data.
5. NEW: Sidecar subtitles are supported when watching a ripped DVD.

17.0.19 (10/15/2011)

1. Fixed: Importing files could crash.
2. Changed: Small change to the Theater View fade-in animation time used in lists.

17.0.18 (10/14/2011)

1. Fixed: Sorting was not working properly in some cases (only applies to the last few builds).
2. Changed: Thumbnailing honors the playback range of a video.
3. Changed: Video thumbnailing uses PNG instead of JPEG for data interchange for slightly better quality.
4. Fixed: Image rotation and edits were not being honored at playback time.
5. Changed: Play Doctor better handles the case where it's seeded with a single song that's an artist's only song in the library.
6. Changed: Windows 7 taskbar button for MC now shows the currently playing track in the tooltip.
7. Fixed: Video thumbnails could grab from the beginning of a file instead of at the configured time.

17.0.17 (10/13/2011)

1. Fixed: When switching from PCM to DSD bitstreaming over ASIO, the first play of DSD could fail with some devices.
2. Fixed: Series category thumbnail views in Standard View were not using series images.
3. Changed: Lists did not intelligently select a thumbnail aspect ratio in artist or series image views.
4. Changed: Merged the Standard View and Theater View thumbnail aspect ratio selection code (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
5. Fixed: The v4+ style blocks would not be parsed for some SSA subtitles.
6. Changed: The Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool will allow files from optical discs to be copied (but still not renamed since optical discs are read-only).
7. Fixed: MC would crash when user cancels time-shifting with analog television devices.
8. Changed: MC no longer requires ArcSoft MPEG Demultiplexer filter for a Hauppauge HD PVR video capture device to work.
9. Changed: MC does a better job of deciding when a DVD disc is a set of TV shows rather than a movie.  Blu-ray still needs work.

17.0.16 (10/12/2011)

1. NEW: Video playback will load a sidecar commercial skip file in the .edl format and honor skips and mutes.
2. Fixed: The wrong default title was getting chosen for blu-ray discs.
3. Changed: The 'Subtitles' on screen display (OSD) choice no longer appears for videos with no subtitles.
4. Fixed: Right in a details list in Theater View would go to the next item (only applies to build 15).
5. Fixed: Cover Art > Get From Internet was not working properly for television shows that were ripped from a DVD.
6. Fixed: Hulu and Netflix weren't working in Theater View.

17.0.15 (10/11/2011)

1. NEW: MC handles audio video format change (MPEG-2, H.264, AC3, AAC etc.) during channel changes so DVB-T2 channels can be played.
2. Fixed: Configuring television tuner (clicking Configure button with selected tuner device) would cause MC to hang.
3. Fixed: Certain blu-ray titles could stall out with a black screen when starting playback (title scanning bug).
4. Changed: Carnac won't change capitalization when a value already uses title case.
5. Changed: Carnac better understands series ranges like "Curb Your Enthusiasm S4E1-6".
6. Changed: Carnac does a better job with miniseries that have episode values but no season.
7. Fixed: The new option to show a search at the file level in Theater View didn't work properly with nested views.
8. Changed: Tuned Theater View thumbnail aspect ratio and sizing.
9. Changed: Television series images are stored like artist images so that per-episode thumbnails can still be used.
10. Changed: Revised the message shown when registering / testing a Library Server.
11. Changed: Media subtype on ripped movies is set to "TV Show" rather than "Movie" if there are several shorter titles.
12. Fixed: Each database load would unnecessarily resave mediafiles.jmd (harmless but slow).
13. Changed: Expressions support &DataType=[Integer] to specify that the output should be treated as an integer.
14. Changed: Pushing right on the right-most thumbnail in a list in Theater View goes to the first thumbnail on the next row.

17.0.14 (10/10/2011)

1. Fixed: Theater View could crash when navigating around.
2. Changed: Carnac improvements.
3. Fixed: In certains cases, the user could remove files from the library but they would show up again at next program startup.
4. Changed: Cover Art > Get From Internet for a television program uses TheTVDB.com.
5. Changed: Cover Art for telelvision shows will assume that there's one image per series (like music tracks assume there is one image per album).
6. Changed: Theater View uses a thumbnail aspect ratio designed for poster aspect ratios for movie and television show views.
7. Changed: When arrowing around a television program view, backdrops load as the selection changes instead of only after entering a series.

17.0.13 (10/7/2011)

1. Changed: Improved Carnac's date parsing system so that it can better detect dates in image and video filenames like "20100901113923.mpg" or "My Camera 2010-03-01 Dump.avi".
2. Fixed: Years could display with a decimal point.
3. Changed: At completion of playback of a blu-ray title, a dialog is shown allowing user to pick another title to play.
4. Fixed: If a cover art folder was set to a missing UNC path, it could lead to a hang.

17.0.12 (10/7/2011)

1. Changed: IsMissing(...) expression will handle special-case filenames like Blu-ray, DVD, etc. when used without a parameter like IsMissing().  When used like IsMissing(some value), the exact value specified be tested.
2. Fixed: Library Server client could have incorrect thumbnails in certain cases.
3. Fixed: Selecting "Delete" on a blu-ray title in the library now actually deletes the blu-ray files as well as the database entry if requested.
4. Fixed: The file system manager could fail to detect an optical drive.
5. Fixed: Playback of DVD on Android using Gizmo was not working properly in some cases.
6. Changed: Added extra logging to help troubleshoot a startup freeze issue.

17.0.11 (10/6/2011)

1. Changed: "Get Movie Info" searches all sources and presents the results in a shared list instead of requiring the user to pick a single source.
2. Changed: When Media Center 17 runs, if a copy of Media Center 16 is running, it silently closes it and clears the flag to run on Windows startup.
3. Changed: Bitstreaming of DSD over ASIO honors the DSD bitstreaming setting in Options > Video > Bitstreaming.

17.0.10 (10/6/2011)

1. NEW: Carnac auto-tagging engine that fills in missing tag information from the filename and other known information about media (used on import, Fill Properties From Filename, and Update Library (from tags)).
2. Fixed: The television program guide in Standard View could incorrectly be empty.
3. Fixed: A Library Server client machine would not auto-upgrade settings when coming from v16.
4. Fixed: The upgrade from v16 could auto-upgrade the library if it was in a non-default location (instead of making a separate copy).
5. Changed: The option to install a quick launch icon is no longer offered on Vista and newer.
6. Changed: Removed MediaSubType(...) expression.  Instead, use the standard [Media Sub Type] field which is filled by Carnac.
7. Changed: Blu-ray title selection now works right away instead of having to restart playback.  OSD title switching also works.
8. Fixed: Blu-ray title selection menu now filters out titles that were simple loops with a static graphic image.
9. Changed: Red October uses the latest LAV filters (v0.37).
10. Fixed: Virtual Box container shares could think that mapped drives were unavailable.
11. Fixed: The AMG link on the link bar was not searching artists properly.
12. Fixed: Wikipedia movie lookup would not get the image in some cases.
13. Changed: Media Center 17 will show an error message and not run if Media Center 16 is running.
14. Changed: When Media Center 17 enters server mode, it removes the setting to run on Windows startup from v16.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 17.0.22 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 08:14:33 pm »

Bug in TV (have mentioned it there as well)...

When starting TV or switching channels, sometimes audio stops. It seems to be when changing between audio stream compression types. I need to stop playback and start again.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 09:29:41 pm »

TV Series cover art is still not being applied to my files/library after lookup. And lookup remains excruciatingly slow.

Log sent.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 12:38:31 am »

Small bug maybe. When I went to weather it said loading, but I thought I might have to configure it again, so I hit configure. The configure screen came up but the weather did load. I could not press on the yes or no buttons on the configure popup , nor could I exit out of the screen. I had to ctrl-alt-del and stop MC. The weather was showing in the backdrop but the configure screen was on top. No way out.
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 12:40:55 am »

There is the "There are no files to display" image on the main screen of Theater view under the rollers....

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 12:47:36 am »

Just changing the font, not the font size, can have a big effect on the thumnail size in TheaterView...

globetrotters1

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 06:53:23 am »

The 'Info' and 'List' panels in Theater View show OLD DATA on the client, DOES NOT GET UPDATED  ?

This bug exists since MANY VERSIONS and is ANNOYING  ?

It cannot be THAT hard to update the data of these panels if the 'Playing Now' screen is always correct

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 07:15:39 am »

The 'Info' and 'List' panels in Theater View show OLD DATA on the client, DOES NOT GET UPDATED  ?

This bug exists since MANY VERSIONS and is ANNOYING  ?

It cannot be THAT hard to update the data of these panels if the 'Playing Now' screen is always correct

Sorry, but I haven't seen that.  I've seen you report it before.  Please bump your old thread.

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 12:00:18 pm »

If I try to open lav source splitter MC stops responding... Right click->directshow filters->Lav Source Splitter. Lav opens up but it is only white without any text, and if I try to close it by selecting ok, cancel or closing, MC plays about 1sec and then stops responding. Every .mkv and .mp4 files that I tested it works like that:( So, one bug to kill;)
AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64

Louis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • It only looks like an optical illusion
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 07:27:32 am »

Seq column in Playlists is not sorting correctly for me. Generally sorts on 1st digit from the left, i.e. not the number value

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 09:15:28 pm »

9. Changed: Theater View says 'There are no items to display.' when viewing an empty file list.

This appears very faintly in "Now Playing" in Theater View when viewing the artist slideshow.

tofo

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 17.0.22 Beta - "Showing" TV program listing changed?
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 11:59:57 am »

In the devices view "TV" there is no list of currently playing TV programs and does not start with a list of "Showing" programs. At 16:00 being the current time the first program shown is at 21:00 and forward.

Is this intentional?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 12:27:43 pm »

I don't see this.  It works as expected.  Is your time zone set correctly?

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 03:07:55 pm »

I added a category to Theater View called Web Media and put all my internet video web pages nested into it.

When I go into one of the nested pages then click the BACK button at top, I am returned to the main roller rather than back to the Web Media roller.  In the other categories such as Video, when you are in a nested item and hit BACK you are returned to that category instead.

Can I change something to correct this behavior in my Web Media category, or is this an MC issue?

BTW:  in spite of being in the tree as Connected Media under Videos in the Standard View they were not available as choices, I had to manually re-create all these web page entries in Theater View's options settings for them to be available in Theater View.

Can this be streamlined somehow?
. . . the game is rigged

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 04:39:27 pm »

i am going to put it here as a bug because it looks so naff that it should be considered so :) ... the 3D wall view truncates images/posters for video and season to a square (as suits audio).  This means the view is useless for these types.  I think you already know about this.

Craig

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 04:05:40 pm »

I'm workong on my move to MC. I created a library and moved my audio files to my new HTPC using Import and Library Tools. Mostly AAC and ALAC (.m4a) from iTunes. I then analyzed the audio for Replay Gain. It seemed to work but I got a zillion error messages like this:

Edit: Image replaced

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 05:10:59 pm »

I'm workong on my move to MC. I created a library and moved my audio files to my new HTPC using Import and Library Tools. Mostly AAC and ALAC (.m4a) from iTunes. I then analyzed the audio for Replay Gain. It seemed to work but I got a zillion error messages like this:

Sorry.  I removed your image by mistake. 

I'm seeing the same thing on M4A files.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 05:51:05 pm »

I also had a few cover art problems. I could not add cover art to .m4a files in Media Center. I had to fix them in iTunes and re-import.

sunfire7

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 10:35:06 am »

Netflix is not working for me, I can browse and search the catalog but I can't play, only shows netflix homepage.  Tried latest MC16 and MC17 .22
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 10:39:15 am »

Netflix is not working for me, I can browse and search the catalog but I can't play, only shows netflix homepage.  Tried latest MC16 and MC17 .22
I think you said you're not in the U.S.  Correct?  Which country?

sunfire7

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 11:29:04 am »

I'm from Mexico
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

)p(

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 07:27:48 am »

Flicking in theaterview using a touchscreen does not work for me in mc17. It does work ok in mc16 on the same pc.
This is on an ipad using splashremote to connect to the pc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up