INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused about server client setup  (Read 1092 times)

Hirez24

• Recent member
Confused about server client setup
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:39:16 pm »

So I am using MC16 on two computers one is a WHS server where all my media resides. The other is a HTPC that is connected to my living room setup. The idea is to manage all the media on the server and have the htpc link to the server as a client. I set up the media library and can see the media from the server on the client, Music works perfectly but my video does something strange. I have all my video archived as .iso they will play back fine on the server from mc but when i try to playback from the htpc(client) while connected to the server they will open in  browser and download instead of load the iso and play. Hope this makes sense. I posted a few weeks ago in the media library section but no replies.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Confused about server client setup
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 06:50:58 am »

MC16 will not automatically mount and play these images. You'll need a tool like, for instance, Daemon Tools with auto mount options activated. You need to enter options and Filetypes, find image filetypes (iso, nrg, img) and select "use external programs" or something like that. Windows will use Daemon Tools as standard and MC will probably play the DVD's or Blurays as a disk automatically.

You probably also need to set your image files as Video, if they are not already. Not sure if this behavior was changed in MC16. You're safe if the ISO's are placed under video media type views though.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Hirez24

• Recent member
Re: Confused about server client setup
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 11:01:57 am »

Thanks, I have it all sorted now. It turns out that the file type was missing. Happened with my flac files as well entered proper file types and everything works fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up