INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Feature Request] - ability to choose which tuner(s) to record with  (Read 1132 times)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen

I think I have seen this requested before, but with the new focus on TV, I thought I would bring it up again.  I would love the ability to chose which tuner or a pool of tuners to record with.  Here is my specific situation, but I am sure there are others.  Currently, I have 4 tuners to record OTA broadcasts.  I am thinking about adding cable or satelitte feed and new tuner so that we can watch/ record ESPN, HGTV, etc.  However, if I do add a new tuner and box for the cable/ satellite broadcasts, I don't see anyway to indicate which tuner to use to record. 

Alex

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: [Feature Request] - ability to choose which tuner(s) to record with
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 08:10:20 pm »

If you set the cable box up as an input to your tuner card, MC should automatically select the card it's attched to.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Re: [Feature Request] - ability to choose which tuner(s) to record with
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 08:24:41 pm »

So, if I have CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX setup on my four OTA tuners and I add a new tuner that is connected to the cable box, MC will 'know' not to record CBS on the new tuner, because I might want to watch ESPN while I am recording CBS?

EDIT - I think I get it.  It looks like when I scan for channels, it is done by tuner (I don't remember doing this but it was a while ago), so when I schedule the recording, it will know that ESPN is only available on the one tuner and CBS (OTA) is only available on the other four.  Is this true?

Thanks,

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up