INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External sound source and external player  (Read 581 times)

Paul P.

External sound source and external player
« on: May 22, 2002, 11:14:56 am »

Is it a way of configuring or is there any plug inn for the media jukebox
that would allow me to use an external sound module or sound card
(ex. Roland Sound Canvas)and also allow me to use an external player (ex. Cakewalk).
I am a professional musician. I use mostly midifiles. The Jukebox playlist is exceptional
but I would like to be able to have the flexibility of using more adequate sounds and players.
Thanks.
Paul Pereira
Vancouver, B.c
ppereira@telus.net

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:External sound source and external player
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2002, 11:18:08 am »

Media Jukebox can play through any soundcard installed on your system.  ( check out Options -> Playback -> Advanced... )

However, it can't farm playback out.  And it probably doesn't need to -- it's got a professional quality, pure 32-bit data chain internally.

Take care.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Paul|PLS|P.

RE:External sound source and external player
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2002, 12:39:29 pm »

Hi Matt

Thanks for your reply.
As far as the sound card is concerned, I can't make it work by following your instructions.
I Have to say that the card is not realy a card but a sound module that is accessed through a USB port.
So is there a way to access a computer port either USB or other so that I can access the sound module?
Just a reminder that I am using MIDI information.
Also, the reason why I asked for some help in terms of enabling an external player such as cakewalk is that such players enable me to access every instrument track so I can change patches or controllers during live playing for any instrument.

Much appreciated for any light shed on this subject.

Paul P.
Pages: [1]   Go Up