INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import - summary  (Read 1956 times)

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Import - summary
« on: September 30, 2011, 04:10:11 pm »

Import allows you to view a detailed summary e.g.

Imported 8 new files.
Skipped 13 files previously deleted from library.
Skipped 2 files previously determined to be bad.
Updated 60 files that had external changes.

The Imported and Updated files are shown in the summary
The previous deleted and the bad are not.
I would appreciate if the summary all so includes the previous deleted and the bad

Ultraviolet13

• Recent member
Re: Import - summary
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 02:41:35 pm »

I totally agree.
There should be a way to list all the file groups from the summary.

If files are being skipped I'd like to be able to investigate to see if there are problems with music files on my PC -
corruption, unsupported formats, tag issues, CDs needing to be re-ripped, whatever...

I currently get a "Skipped 60 files previously determined to be bad" message when I import, which is worrying and I'd really like to know
which files have been flagged as "bad" and if possible why they're flagged as bad.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 02:43:47 pm »

Are you using MC 16.0.179?

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 03:51:42 pm »

I am, and am seeing the same behavior, and would also like to see all the times in this log; and as long as I'm asking, I'd like to hit "save" and have it save it to the same place it saves the rip logs (or anywhere I can get to it).

sometimes the list is long, and there's not a way to reference it later, although it's rarely necessary.
pretend this is something funny

Ultraviolet13

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 02:02:48 pm »

Yes, 16.0.179

Once the Import completes the Summary box pops up to let you know the total files in the library and how many
new files were added and skipped - that's fine.

There is a "Show in-depth summary" option but this only contains details of the newly added files not the skipped ones -
it should really show a full in-depth summary, including details of all the skipped files.

The option to be able to save the summary output is a good idea, so I like to see that added too.   :)

Vocalpoint

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 02:14:33 pm »

There is a "Show in-depth summary" option but this only contains details of the newly added files not the skipped ones -it should really show a full in-depth summary, including details of all the skipped files.

+100. This dialog should show full details on EVERYTHING that it knows about. I had a "bad" files incident here a week or two ago and had to ask a few folks about how to "find" my bad files so I could fix them up...had to build a bizarre smartlist so I could finally see what the problem files were....

Would be so much easier to just have the Import Summary report on all goings-on...so it's easy. And a small feature request - make the summary log exportable (or save-able?) so we can reference big listings offline or in Notepad or something. I know I can highlight/copy/paste...but it would be nice to be able to take the summary out in a click.

Cheers,

VP

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 03:08:12 am »

Same here, I got only 2 bad files but need to know which ones!
Is there a workaround?

MrHaugen

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 05:42:12 am »

Same here. The absolutely most important is to check those that does NOT import, or is "bad". I had a hard time figuring out this the other day.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

DSCabrio

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 11:34:58 am »

On a related issue....I have some files marked as bad that are not, how can I get MC to reset on these files so they will import (e.g. not have import skip previous files found to be bad)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up