INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed to open or parse file. (hr=0x80004005)  (Read 17604 times)

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
Failed to open or parse file. (hr=0x80004005)
« on: October 26, 2011, 02:58:34 pm »

Since upgrade to MC17 I've now had two encounters of playback failure with Blu-ray films, specifically Sucker Punch and the French M6 edition of Michael Clayton. Sucker Punch has always run smoothly with MC16, whereas with Michael Clayton there's always been sync-problems (between sound & image) over MC16.

When trying to start playback of above films, the following notification from MC17 shows:

Something went wrong with playback.

Details:
Failed to open or parse file. (hr=0x80004005)

Moveover, I now, via MC17, encounter continuous video stuttering with the Blu-ray titles Baraka, Inception, and In the Shadow of the Moon. Baraka has posed problems before via MC16 with small instances of sound "clicks" and speedup of video and sound over one particular scene. The latter film, Shadow, always had massive sync-problem via MC-16, but while that problem is now gone its been replaced with video stuttering.

I'm speculating the stuttering is provoked by new video settings in MC17(I'm clueless as to which ones), and that my graphic card(an el cheapo Radeon HD 3450) is pushed too hard. I'm intending to buy a new graphic card any way, and suggestions are welcome here. I'd much prefer a silent(no-fan) nvidia card and I see no reason to go by MadVR, also to put a lid on power consumption and eliminate the use of fans.

If I need to post a so-called log, let me know.  

Best,
M

Edit: Blu-ray playback is from disc, as has always been.

If important:
(MY MC AUDIO SETTINGS:

- Output mode: WASAPI Event Style (via balanced AES/EBU from RME HDSP 9632 to NuForce DAC-9)

- Output mode settings: Hardware buffer size: 25ms; 'Open device for exclusive access' is marked

- DSP & output format: Sample rate - No resampling; Bitdepth - 24-bit; Channels - 2 channels (stereo); Mixing - JRSS v2.0; 'Clip protection' selected (default)

EDIT: 'For stereo sources, only mix to 2.1" and "Move center to front L/R' are both un-marked.

(No other DSP processing is used/selected)

- Prebuffering: 6 seconds

- Play silence.. bla bla bla: None

- Play files from memory instead of disk: Yes

GENERAL VIDEO SETTINGS:

- Directshow... : Red October Standard

- Hardware acceleration: No

- Bitstreaming: None

- Videoclock: No

- Normalize volume: No

My DAC-9 in windows setup is a non-default device, and allowed exclusive access. Changes in source bitdepth and sample rate are automatically "assimilated" by the DAC-9; hence exclusive mode is a reality.

DSP section 'Output format' is unchecked with audio playback only.)

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
Re: Failed to open or parse file. (hr=0x80004005)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 07:05:21 am »

Anyone?

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
Re: Failed to open or parse file. (hr=0x80004005)
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 05:04:55 pm »

Could the problem regarding video stuttering via MC17 Blu-ray playback of above mentioned titles Baraka(UK edition), In the Shadow of the Moon(UK edition), and Inception(Danish edition) have anything to do with the fact that their video codecs are all VC-1, and that these particular iterations of VC-1 produces the issue?
Pages: [1]   Go Up