INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Recording Playback Not Working  (Read 1821 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
TV Recording Playback Not Working
« on: October 27, 2011, 10:22:02 am »

Now that we have Live TV working with the HDPVR its time to get Recording and playback working.

Made a couple of recordings - one SD and one HD.

When trying to playback the SD recording I get the error message Something Went Wrong With Playback - Failed to connect video decoder to source splitter.

When trying to playback the HD recording MC tries to open but then I get a Windows shutdown of MC.

Will email you log files for each.

Thanks,
Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV Recording Playback Not Working
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:58:07 am »

The second log file does not contain any playback of TV recording logs.  Maybe you looked in "Current log" instead of "Previous Log"?  If MC crashed and you restarted MC, the log that contains crashing info is in "Previous Log".  Each time you start MC, previous "current log" is moved into "previous log" and previous "previous log" is lost.

About failure to connect video decoder to source / splitter, are you using RO HQ or RO std?  Any additional filters?

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 11:15:44 am »

Interesting now I get the same error message with the HD recordings as with the SD ones.

I am using ROHQ. No additional Filters. It has been working fine on other videos.

Thanks,
Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 11:21:28 am »

I just changed from ROHQ to RO standard. The SD playback gave sound and one of the two HD ones did. But not the second HD one. I will work on this some more later.

Thanks,
Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 12:54:58 pm »

I just changed from ROHQ to RO standard. The SD playback gave sound and one of the two HD ones did. But not the second HD one. I will work on this some more later.

Thanks,
Rod

Log files sent to Yaobing.

Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 08:05:51 pm »

Just noticed another problem with TV. The sound lags by several seconds. Live TV SD or HD, RO HQ or Standard. Recorded Playback can only use RO Standard at this point and sound lags there to.

Yaobing, the last email I sent you with the 2 log files - they play in RO Standard but the sound lags with them also.

Thanks,

Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 08:25:25 pm »

Thanks for the logs.

I will look into these things.  The ROHQ playback problem can be reproduced here.  For some reason FFDShow video decoder does not connect.  I think we will just have to use Microsoft video decoder.

Re: audio sync problem, does it help if you do a seek (with recorded programs)?

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 11:01:36 pm »

Thanks for the response Yaobing. Glad you can reproduce the ROHQ problem.

This may be a dumb question but what is a "seek (with recorded programs)"?

Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 09:24:52 am »

Interesting results this morning. Live TV still has very delayed audio, but all the recordings from yesterday are playing back in sync. Made a couple of new recordings this morning and they seem to be in sync also. Yaobing did you slip into our computer during the night and fix it?

When you asked me to do a "Seek" on recordings do you mean to fast forward? Since the recordings are now okay I can't do that test. But if they were out of sync before and nothing has been changed I would be surprised if I don't have more future problems.

Any ideas on how to fix Live TV audio sync problem?

Thanks,
Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 10:09:59 am »

By "seek" I meant jump (skip) forward or backward a few seconds (Ctrl+SHIFT+LEFT OR RIGHT Arrow key).  You can only do this on recorded program, or during time-shifting, not during non-time-shifted live TV.  That is why I added the qualification in parenthesis. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 10:25:05 am »

Interesting results this morning. Live TV still has very delayed audio, but all the recordings from yesterday are playing back in sync. Made a couple of new recordings this morning and they seem to be in sync also. Yaobing did you slip into our computer during the night and fix it?

Hehe.  I have supernatural power.

It might have depended on the condition of the computer (whether it was very busy and having a lot of programs running).

Any ideas on how to fix Live TV audio sync problem?

Two things you can try:

1.  Start time-shifting.  Right-Click, TV Options > Start time-shifting, or simply hit Pause key to pause video and hit it again to unpause it.  You will have to do this every time you start playing live TV (until I decide to put code in to always start analog TV in time-shifting mode).

2.  I asked you to register ArcSoft Audio decoder, in an attempt to solve your audio problem.  Since the audio problem was solved, you can try unregister this filter so the program will use a different filter.  To unregister a filter, do everything the same way as you did when you tried to register it, except:

you need to add a "/u" in the command line

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcSoft\Mpeg Engine\ASAudio.ax"  

(substitute the file path with your actual file path)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 12:30:41 pm »

Hi Yaobing,

Supernatural powers can be very helpful in your business!

Un-registering asaudio.ax did not help the audio sync issue.

Pause and time-shift both worked. Odd though that when I pause and then hit Play to restart that the picture remains frozen. Have to hit Play a second time.

When I Stop a Live TV viewing that has been paused, or time shifted (same thing I guess) the Live TV stops and goes away, but is replaced with what I guess is the original un-time-shifted viewing. Have to hit Stop again to clear and get back to the guide. Seems to me that one hit of the Stop button should return you to the guide.

Saw your new tuner instructions - should be helpful.

Thanks,
Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 02:46:03 pm »

Since Live TV and Playback are more or less working, but with a variety of problems I've decided to stop posting on this thread and start a new thread for each issue I'm having. This way it will be easier for all concerned to track the progress of the various solutions. It may also be easier for others doing searches in the future about similar problems.

So Yaobing and Jim thanks very much for all your help in getting TV this far for us. I do look forward to the resolution of our remaining issues.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up