INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: subtitle request  (Read 2583 times)

vairulez

• World Citizen
subtitle request
« on: October 27, 2011, 11:34:20 pm »

could we have the possibility to shift the subtitles in the black bars when watching a 2.35 movie.
It would be great if synchronisation could also be added to the jrvier engine and that all the subtitles option (size, shift ...) could be added to the osd
HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
Re: subtitle request
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 07:56:31 pm »

could we have the possibility to shift the subtitles in the black bars when watching a 2.35 movie.

bump

Is it really impossible to move the subtitles below video in the black bar?? I cannot figure out how to make it work.

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 08:21:53 am »

bump

Is it really impossible to move the subtitles below video in the black bar?? I cannot figure out how to make it work.
Right click->subtitles->shift-> down xx. Replace the xx to the right amount of percentage...
AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:14:28 pm »

You can always put the subtitles into the black bars if the black bars are baked into the video (and they often are).

But you can not always put subtitles outside the video area, because subtitles are drawn by the video renderer.  In this case, the video renderer used may make a difference (EVR vs madVR).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 12:19:14 pm »

Right click->subtitles->shift-> down xx. Replace the xx to the right amount of percentage...

Already tried - this does not work if the black bar is not part of the picture...

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 12:27:28 pm »

You can always put the subtitles into the black bars if the black bars are baked into the video (and they often are).

Naturally I referred to non letterbox videos where black bars are not part of the movie (and to my experience they often are not at all / there is only a slim bar like in case of 2,35:1 movie in 16:9 signal; in that case double-line subtitles are shown both in picture and in black bar)

But you can not always put subtitles outside the video area, because subtitles are drawn by the video renderer.  In this case, the video renderer used may make a difference (EVR vs madVR).

Hm for example with free PotPlayer I can easily move the subtitles wherever I want. (it probably uses different renderer)
So what do I have to do in order to make this work in MC? PotPlayer is great however I like some of the functions in MC like automatic setting of display refresh rate.

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 01:19:03 pm »

Try Red October HQ (or force madVR via custom mode...). I guess your problem is related to EVR, because I use madVR and can move the subtitles down to the black area...

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 07:34:24 pm »

I tried (both HQ and Custom) = no change.
Are you sure the black area you move the subtitles to is not a part of the video itself?

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 09:28:09 am »

I tried (both HQ and Custom) = no change.
Are you sure the black area you move the subtitles to is not a part of the video itself?
Yes, my files are usually 1280x5xx and 1920x8xx, so I ripped the black bars...

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 09:52:29 am »

Hm I see.
So the question remains: how can I make it work (on my system)?
MKV, HTPC -> AVR -> plasma via HDMI 1.4

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 05:02:38 am »

bump

I really like the way TotalMedia Theatre 5 handles subtitles - you can just grab & move them anywhere with a mouse (eg. even into black bar space below video content)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBFB80Risdc
Pages: [1]   Go Up