INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iRule iPad app experiences?  (Read 2167 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
iRule iPad app experiences?
« on: October 28, 2011, 02:36:08 am »

Anyone out there had much experience with the iRule remote control app with MC16 or 17? I'm interested in this one as it seems very flexible and looks like it can use control over Ethernet/WiFi rather than being limited to IR alone and line of sight/wires and emitters.

Are all MC commands usable as IP distributed signals or would the iRule/MC set up require much programming?

Interested in anyones experiences or advice.

Cheers

hdplex

• Recent member
Re: iRule iPad app experiences?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 06:27:56 pm »

Anyone out there had much experience with the iRule remote control app with MC16 or 17? I'm interested in this one as it seems very flexible and looks like it can use control over Ethernet/WiFi rather than being limited to IR alone and line of sight/wires and emitters.

Are all MC commands usable as IP distributed signals or would the iRule/MC set up require much programming?

Interested in anyones experiences or advice.

Cheers

If Theater view works for you, I think using Theaterview on ipad via remote desktop such as splashtop is the best.

Theaterview has an option resolution of 1024x768 which I guess is designed for iPad.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 10:44:13 pm »

If Theater view works for you, I think using Theaterview on ipad via remote desktop such as splashtop is the best.

Theaterview has an option resolution of 1024x768 which I guess is designed for iPad.

TheaterView should be run at the normal resolution of your main display. Splashtop downscales the resolution on the iPad to fit its screen. There's no point in having a 40" or 120" 1080p display upscale TheaterView and look bad doing so, when you can have the scaling done on the iPad itself.

Z0001

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 05:20:08 am »

I was using RealVNC but have just tried Slapshot and its quite remarkable in terms of speed and ease of use. In fact ideal as a remote MC desktop or control. Sreen scaling means the main monitor gets rescaled if optimized for iPad, so I've not quite worked out how that will work when watching movies and am yet to test it.

My original post and interest in iRule was as a complete IR solution for multiple devices, but Slapshot goes a long way to making iPad use a pleasure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up