INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toggle title on and off  (Read 1567 times)

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
Toggle title on and off
« on: October 28, 2011, 11:13:44 am »

Is there a way that when I'm looking at ripped DVDs in Theater View that I can have it not show the Title or Name under the Cover Art if there is indeed Cover Art?  It would be awesome if it would only show the Title or Name if there wasn't associated Cover Art and it would just show that information over the generic graphic.  This view shows what I'm after, but it doesn't show the correct ratio for cover sizes...  Perhaps if that view can be changed to show a 1:1.5 cover?

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Toggle title on and off
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 01:58:03 pm »

Wow, I must be getting old.  I just realized I posted the same question a week ago.  At least this time I posted a picture.  :)

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 07:10:46 pm »

You're not going to be able to overlay a caption on the generic graphic. If that matters, perhaps an entertaining project would be a script that did so (using an external graphics program) and saved the resulting image beside the file so would be detected as a cover. The Send To could be used to send whatever caption is desired to the script.

All captions are determined by one File caption setting in the configuration. That setting can be an expression as elaborate as you care to make it. In this case, your expression would set the caption to [Name] (or whatever) only if [Image File] were empty. The expression can create different captions for files meeting different criteria, but whatever it does will determine how a file's caption appears in all views. So while this may work fine for the thumbnail view you've illustrated, it would not for a list view attempting to display the same files.

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 08:32:15 pm »

I'm probably being dense here, but why does it work the way I want it to in one view, and not in another?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 09:02:28 pm »

If you're referring to...

So while this may work fine for the thumbnail view you've illustrated, it would not for a list view attempting to display the same files.

...I'm talking about a file list set to display captions (i.e., the "list style" that includes only a tiny thumbnail on the left). Those don't work very well without captions. ;)

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 09:11:51 pm »

I gotcha.  So until we have a true "cover flow" type display for DVD titles, I'm S.O.L.?
Pages: [1]   Go Up