INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback of TV Recordings Fails with ROHQ  (Read 1479 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Playback of TV Recordings Fails with ROHQ
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:00:11 pm »

The problem to be discussed in this thread was partially dealt with in another thread "TV recording playback not working". That thread also dealt with several other problems so I have decided to start this new one.

When trying to playback a SD recording using ROHQ I get the error message Something Went Wrong With Playback - Failed to connect video decoder to source splitter.

When trying to playback a HD recording using ROHQ MC tries to open but then I get a Windows shutdown of MC.

I have sent log files of this to Yaobing and he responded with:  "I will look into these things.  The ROHQ playback problem can be reproduced here.  For some reason FFDShow video decoder does not connect.  I think we will just have to use Microsoft video decoder."

Playback using RO Standard works okay, but we normally have our system set with ROHQ. Hopefully there will be a fix coming.

Thanks,
Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
Re: Playback of TV Recordings Fails with ROHQ
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 09:51:44 am »

Hi Yaobing,

Anything happening with this?

Really miss not being able to leave our system set on ROHQ. Going to be buying some more Blue-Rays and would sure like to be able to enjoy them in all their glory. I know, I could switch back and forth between Std & HQ but my wife wont do that so I've just been leaving it on Std.

Is this just an issue with JTV or HDPVR recordings or is it with all TV recording?

Thanks,
Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:14:51 am »

This is an issue no more.

It was an issue with HDPVR only because I specified H264 media type in such a way that FFDShow would not connect (whereas Microsoft Video decoder was more forgiving and would connect in RO std).  Now FFDShow will connect and there should not be a problem.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:24:10 am »

This is an issue no more.

It was an issue with HDPVR only because I specified H264 media type in such a way that FFDShow would not connect (whereas Microsoft Video decoder was more forgiving and would connect in RO std).  Now FFDShow will connect and there should not be a problem.

Just before my post I tried some playback of MC recorded files (.jtv) and had the same issues in ROHQ. Do you want log files again? This was done using .31

Thanks,
Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 10:44:39 am »

Just before my post I tried some playback of MC recorded files (.jtv) and had the same issues in ROHQ. Do you want log files again? This was done using .31

Thanks,
Rod

Yes.  Send one in.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 02:25:35 pm »

Yes.  Send one in.

Log Emailed.

Thanks for your help.