INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio In Live TV & Recordings Delayed  (Read 777 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Audio In Live TV & Recordings Delayed
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:13:34 pm »

This problem was also discussed in my other Thread "TV Recording playback not working". Since it got a little lost with other issues I thought it best to give it its own thread.

The audio lags by several seconds. Live TV SD or HD, RO HQ or Standard. Recorded Playback can only use RO Standard at this point and sound lags there to.

Yaobing responded with: "Two things you can try:

1.  Start time-shifting.  Right-Click, TV Options > Start time-shifting, or simply hit Pause key to pause video and hit it again to unpause it.  You will have to do this every time you start playing live TV (until I decide to put code in to always start analog TV in time-shifting mode).

2.  I asked you to register ArcSoft Audio decoder, in an attempt to solve your audio problem.  Since the audio problem was solved, you can try unregister this filter so the program will use a different filter.  To unregister a filter, do everything the same way as you did when you tried to register it, except:

you need to add a "/u" in the command line

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcSoft\Mpeg Engine\ASAudio.ax" 

(substitute the file path with your actual file path)

I un-registered ASAudio.ax but it did not help.

Clicking Pause twice does put the audio in sync. Having to do this every time I start TV watching is not something that I would hope to do for the long term nor does it have high WAF. Hopefully Yaobing will put the code in to always start in Time-Shifting mode or find another solution.

Thanks,
Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up