INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Channel Is Recording?  (Read 995 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
What Channel Is Recording?
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:40:39 pm »

I presently have a recording being done. At the guide in theater View I want to change to another channel. When I click Watch for the other channel it gives me the option of 'Cancel the Recording of Chanel 1 on the HDPVR and go to the new channel, or Cancel. 

When I select Cancel the recording... for some reason the channel changing on the STB is incorrect and it goes to an unusable channel (topic for another thread).

Chanel 1 on the HDPVR does not relate to a TV channel number. I have forgotten what channel I was recording so now I'm hung up. Tried this twice and each time the STB tuned to an incorrect channel.

My only option now is to 'Cancel' to get back to the guide and scroll all through it to find the channel that is being recorded so I can cancel it. It seems that MC needs an indication somewhere of what channel is being recorded and preferably also the show title. This could be at the top of the guide and might be helpful in several different situations.

Thanks,
Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: What Channel Is Recording?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 05:28:28 pm »

It's a little bug that I intended to fix but have not gotten around to it.

"Input Source 1 - Hauppauge HD PVR Capture Device" is the "channel" that you feed your STB output to.  Therefore it would be the same for all of your channels.  I should fix it so the actual channel name is shown, not the input line name.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
Re: What Channel Is Recording?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 05:34:04 pm »

It's a little bug that I intended to fix but have not gotten around to it.

"Input Source 1 - Hauppauge HD PVR Capture Device" is the "channel" that you feed your STB output to.  Therefore it would be the same for all of your channels.  I should fix it so the actual channel name is shown, not the input line name.

Sounds good Yaobing. But I still think it would be helpful to indicate at the top of the Guide that a recording is taking place and at least its channel number. My wife sometimes spends quite a bit of time searching the guide for something to watch. It will be very frustrating after doing that and finally selecting something to watch to find out that she can't watch it because our only tuner is busy.

Thanks for considering this.

Added on edit: WAF is very important here!

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up