INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Additional view uses for series/movie poster images?  (Read 1720 times)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Additional view uses for series/movie poster images?
« on: October 29, 2011, 12:28:44 am »

As discussed heavily here, TV Series poster images are now downloadable. I believe movie poster images have been downloadable since MC15 or 16.

Is it possible to use these images in standard view schemes, or only in Theater View? I've started re-tagging most of my video files to use "Media Sub-type" and associated tags. Heretofore, I've been using the "Album" tag for the title of TV Series and Movies, but I'm liking the new functionality that depends on the "Media Sub-type" tag and the "Series" tag.

As a basic example, looking at a standard list view of my TV shows still gives me an option to show "Album Thumbnails." Where logical, I think it would be more consistent to show "Series Thumbnails" (or "Season Thumbnails" should development progress in that direction).

Perhaps this is already possible?
brad

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Additional view uses for series/movie poster images?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 04:49:56 pm »

Currently, you need to set your View type to View As Categories (top left section of Customize View window). Then you can set Series as one of the categories and the series art will be used. The same applies for the artist images for audio. I wouldn't be shocked if some more options are added here sometime soon, but this works now.
-Jon

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 05:36:21 pm »

Good tip! Thanks--I forgot to look in the view scheme areas...

Now for Double Jeopardy...

- I am viewing as Categories, and my primary (1st) category is "Album"
- I have several tracks (specifically a main feature and video extras) tagged with the same "Album"
- I have performed "Get Movie Info..." for the movie/album and it has downloaded the proper poster and meta-data.

How do we get JUST the poster art showing in the Categories view instead of the fanned (or stacked) thumbnail icons of all the 'tracks' in the 'album'?

Am I missing something specific to movies (like I used to for TV shows)?

brad

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 08:34:49 pm »

How do we get JUST the poster art showing in the Categories...

Tagging all the files with [Media Sub Type]=[TV Show] is the only way to do that presently.

rjm

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 07:57:35 pm »

Just played around with this.

I prefer view as panes grouped by album for viewing TV series in standard view.

This view would be improved if there was some way in the future to show the series artwork poster where the stacked group thumbnails are currently displayed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up