INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange Behaviour since version 16.0.168  (Read 2004 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe
Strange Behaviour since version 16.0.168
« on: September 07, 2011, 09:21:10 am »

Well, since the latest version my wife experienced pretty strange situations when trying to play a music album. And it happened to me too.

If you click on an album and then 'play', it normally should just play the album you clicked on. Suddenly it happens that all albums of this artist end up in the recent playlist. If you add albums to the recent playlist then sometimes the same album gets inserted several times, not just once.

Well, we think that we are used to a certain handling of the database, as we use JRiver Media Center since version 12 and after years of usage we know how to handle it. So please take this for serious, thank you. Something is not the same way it was before version 168!

I wanted to delete and re-import ONE album of one artist and suddenly it offered me to delete 1672 tracks = ALL albums of this artist, although I just clicked on that ONE album.

Strange, strange...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Strange Behaviour since version 16.0.168
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:25:52 am »

Take a look at Tools/Options/General/Behavior.  Are the settings correct?

globetrotters1

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:08:46 am »

Jim,

nothing has been changed there since MC12... except you have changed something crucial there, which we have no idea of... and our motto is and was: don't touch anything as long as it works :)

But you can enlighten us probably?

We never had the described behaviour before version 168!

thanks

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 03:41:02 am »

Well, I noticed a new, strange behavior as well without having changed any options.

I have 5 albums of "Enya". Wenn I select "Enya" and click play, then it used to play the first song of the first album, then the second, third, fourth song etc. of the first album, then moved on to the second album and so on.

Now, it selects and plays randomly the first song of one of those 5 albums, then jumps to the first song of another album, then to the first song of a third album, then to the first song of the forth album an so on.

The same happens with classical music. You cannot play selected tracks in the proper order. MC simply jumps randomly from first track to first track of any album!

Is there a way to reset it to standard behaviour or did some bug creep in?

Vincent Kars

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 09:03:01 am »

Is Shuffle set to off?

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 09:24:00 am »

I wanted to delete and re-import ONE album of one artist and suddenly it offered me to delete 1672 tracks = ALL albums of this artist, although I just clicked on that ONE album.

Strange, strange...

This happened to me a week ago! 

Unfortunately, I deleted 23 albums-worth and spent the next two days telling myself how stupid I was.  I've been doing this a long time too and I just couldn't believe that I did that. 

Maybe I didn't??

Vincent Kars

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 10:01:55 am »

Check the Recycle Bin....

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 11:01:32 am »

Yes, shuffling was off. I wiil investigate further, changed some of the grouping and sorting behaviour.

globetrotters1

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 02:49:51 am »

B U M P

Could you PLEASE FIX THIS? It has been introduced with version 168, exists in 176, in 181 too and of course in the all new MC17 releases !!! ?

This behaviour is simply said an ANNOYING BUG and someone can destroy data if she/he isn't aware of this (and it has nothing to do with the behaviour settings in options)

Take this once FOR SERIOUS PLEASE

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up