INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Feature suggestions] Tagging from musicbrainz/last.fm-database.  (Read 1200 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe

I have labeled this a suggestion, rather than a request, because i am unsure how feasible it is (if the data is available to third-parties and so on). But the music-brains-database has a good deal of useful info, in particular the last.fm-data, that is mood,grouping, genre, occasion, category country  (artist names and all the "basic" tags i have pretty well tagged from before-hand). It is possible to get this data using the piccard-tagger, but its somewhat primitive, slow and buggy, so it would be nice to be able to get last.fm mood etc from inside MC. As mentioned, something to think about maybe? I don't know hoe feasible it is to be able to get the data.

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: [Feature suggestions] Tagging from musicbrainz/last.fm-database.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 11:05:15 am »

+1.
we need a music tagger built in similar to music brains

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: [Feature suggestions] Tagging from musicbrainz/last.fm-database.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 06:03:52 pm »

I have found the new version of musicbrainz to be a lot better and much faster.  You also have to get the new last.fmplus plug-in.  I always preprocess any files through picard first and have it move/rename/tag the files.  You simply set up the fields of the same name within MC and they all appear.  I am not so uptight about whether or not musicbrainz is "perfect", I just find it a great way to get a lot more consistency and structure into my database than I would have the patience to do myself.  I have found the yadb very lacking (mostly due to father inlaws poor taste in music :))

Agree it would be great to have native within MC, however it is a pretty straightforward process.

Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up