INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 didn't auto update libraraies and settings on server  (Read 1248 times)

swinster

• World Citizen
MC17 didn't auto update libraraies and settings on server
« on: October 29, 2011, 08:27:42 pm »

Hi All,

I have just installed MC17 on my server and it didn't pick up any settings from MC16. My guess is that I run MC16 on the server in a low user security, of course, new software needs to be installed in admin security. Any suggestion on how to get the new MC17 to import all the setting from MC16? Is this is simple case of backing up to library in 16 and restoring in 17? If it is then sorry for my stupidity, but its late here and I'm frustrated that I can't just get things working out the box.

Cheers

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC17 didn't auto update libraraies and settings on server
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 04:45:57 pm »

Just restore a library backup.  Backups contain settings.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 12:51:08 pm »

Yes - sorry, meant to repost to say most things OK - kind of.

Oddly. I seemed to have double song entries in the Database - one which points to the actual file and so plays correctly), but another that points nowhere. Tried setting the Auto Import option --> fix broken links = yes, but the phantoms still remained. I then cleared the library and just ran an Auto Import on the original folders (which I had to reset after clearing the library), and the library is back up to where it should have been - almost

The problem now is that on clearing the library, it seems that the view have been cleared as well. I need to recheck this, but I'm sure I had specific views setup. However, some setting such as library server have been imported correctly.

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 09:09:00 am »

Just checked on this, and it seem that I can't restore just the views I have created stored in a library

Something is wrong with the original library as multiple entries have been created (see above). But when I clear the library, although SOME setting are kept (but oddly not the Auto Import Folders), none of the view are kept, even though the box marked "restore default values" is unticked.

swinster

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 07:08:57 pm »

Hey all. Didn't get a reply to this. Is it possible to restore views?
Pages: [1]   Go Up