INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parametric EQ and/or Room Correction + high-rez support for Asus soundcards  (Read 3104 times)

michael123

• Galactic Citizen

Hey,

few things are interesting me, major ones are:

- My receiver does not have room correction, so I need to find some software solution. Parametric EQ per channel will be fine as well.
- How do you support ASUS XONAR HDAV1.3 sound card? Once, only ArcSoft TMT could use it without allowing Windows to downsample the bitstream (it used something called PAP - protected audio path --?)
- full remote control from Android tablet. Possible?

thanks,
Michael

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Media Center has room correction and per-channel parametric equalization.  It's ideal for use with a power amplifier.

I'd recommend ASIO with your ASUS card.  Media Center supports it natively.

Finally, Gizmo is our app for Android.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

michael123

• Galactic Citizen

Thanks,
so you say with ASIO there is no downsampling anymore?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Thanks,
so you say with ASIO there is no downsampling anymore?

ASIO is required for bit-matched playback with ASUS and Creative hardware.  In this mode, there is no resampling.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

craigmcg

• World Citizen

Hi Matt,

I think that there may a minor misunderstanding. I believe that the OP is referring to downsampling (from 24 bit to 16 bit), one requirement for Blu-ray/He-def playback when the software doesn't detect a protected audio path (limited to a few soundcards I think) as part of the whole HDCP thing. I believe that you were referring to resampling, most commonly driver related.

I have a related question. I have an Auzentech X-Meridian (original one) that I use for analog playback through my power amps. If I watch a blu-ray rip of one the Star Wars movies using PowerDVD Ultra 11 and click show information it shows audio as DTS 6.1 with a bitrate between 3600-5000kbps. If I watch the same movie in MC17 the audio stream selection shows dts-hdma, 48000Hz, 6.1, 1536kb/s. I don't notice a sound quality difference between the two playbacks. Am I getting the full audio resolution in MC17.0.22?

Craig in NB
Pages: [1]   Go Up