INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote not working  (Read 1074 times)

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
Remote not working
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:09:36 pm »

Probably doesn't belong in this area, but here goes.  I was playing around with EventGhost and didn't get into it too much.  I uninstalled it and now my remote isn't working in either MC or WMC.  The IR light flashes on the receiver when I press a button, but nothing is happening after that.  Any ideas?  Something didn't get uninstalled with EG?

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Re: Remote not working
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:02:04 pm »

I was playing around with EventGhost and didn't get into it too much.  I uninstalled it and now my remote isn't working in either MC or WMC.
You probably had EG disable the HID service, and it did not get re-enabled when you uninstalled it. There are a bunch of ways to fix this, but I would try installing EG again, checking (or un-checking, I forget) the option regarding the HID service so that it does not disable it. Then uninstall EG.

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Remote not working
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 02:18:19 pm »

Thanks Greg.  I ran across a similar solution online but couldn't figure it out.  What I ended up doing was something that someone on AVSForums suggested and that was to uninstall the driver from Device Manager and let it find it again and everything was golden after that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up