INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed to load timeshifting files hr=0x80004005  (Read 979 times)

tofo

• Recent member
Failed to load timeshifting files hr=0x80004005
« on: October 31, 2011, 10:13:13 am »

Can not figure out what is the problem with "time shifting" and TV device configuration hangs.

1. TV picture and sound is working - no problem
2. Recording does not seem to work: "Failed to load timeshifting files hr=0x80004005"
3. TV device configuration windows to hang after appr 10 s after opening

I have logs that show more detail. (Please notify me to get URL)

When the TV-module was new I had some problems and got really great help from You guys. At that time Yaobing sent me a DLL with extensive debuging turned on and after a few rounds with exchanging DLL's the problem got solved.

I am experienced in software and Windows development so please feel free to send debuging tools or other stuff that may help figure out this problem.

?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Failed to load timeshifting files hr=0x80004005
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:38:51 pm »

Did you run MC as administrator or limited user?
Do you have proper permission to access the hard drive MC was set to put recordings on?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

tofo

• Recent member
Re: Failed to load timeshifting files hr=0x80004005
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:46:13 am »

Started MC16 as administrator and it looks like time shifting problem improved a bit.

Now time shifting starts but play/pause button does not change to pause and time counter for the show toggles between :00 and :01 back and forth while the recorded length increases.

Since play button has not changed to pause when pause is clicked the show continues playing and can be stoped again clicking pause.

The TV device configuration menu hangs after appr 10s no matter if admin or not.

After started as admin once - it looks like recording and time shifting works the same with this problem with the pause button.

TV recordings are taged "Unknown" or "Other" and has no recording year etc. Could that be related.   

Tested the admin login in MC17 but time shifting/recording still got error "Failed to load timeshifting files"

?
Pages: [1]   Go Up