INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to control playback (sequence?) order of a Smartlist  (Read 1621 times)

samwin241

• Recent member
How to control playback (sequence?) order of a Smartlist
« on: October 31, 2011, 10:04:35 pm »

Hi, have search all over the forum, and saw some stuff about this back in 2008 but no answer I could locate.

Is there a way to control how playback order occurs when using a Smartlist?

I have 2 smartlists: "90" and "00" simple ones that contains just [Year]=1990 for 90, and 2000 for 00.

I create another New Smartlist:

with these values: [Media Type]=[Audio] ~mix=300,100%,{p="00"},25%,{p="90"}

the mix is correct as I get total of 300 tracks, with 25% of 90 the rest from the 00.

However I want to play the track(s) from the Smartlist in a certain (sequence)

For example:

track1 from 00
track2 from 00
track3 from 00
track4 from 90

3 tracks from 00, one from 90. then repeat sequence. however refreshing or loading the Smartlist just shuffles and returns results randomly.

Is there any way to control the playback order via Smartlist?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to control playback (sequence?) order of a Smartlist
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 02:15:33 am »

Is there any way to control the playback order via Smartlist?

I don't think so. In an effort to create the same sort of effect you seem to be after, I created this smartlist...

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Genre]=[.rock] [Rating]=>3 [Bitrate]=>=256
~mix=5,1,{[Date (year)]=1960-1969},3,{[Date (year)]=1970-1979},1,{[Date (year)]=1980-1989}
~sort=[Date (year)]

...to create a sequence of one track from the 60's, three tracks from the 70's, and then 1 track from the 80's. The only way I can see to repeat that sequence is to repeatedly add the list to Playing Now. That is, right-click on the playlist and Add to Playing Now. Not a very practical solution, but it works. Unfortunately, there's no MCC for Add to Playing Now. If there were, it could be automated (e.g., repeated 60 times to add 300 tracks to Playing Now).

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 11:46:19 pm »

... Unfortunately, there's no MCC for Add to Playing Now. If there were, it could be automated (e.g., repeated 60 times to add 300 tracks to Playing Now).

How about something like:

mc16.exe /Append TREEPATH=Playlists\PlaylistName

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/The_Command_Line
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 01:53:57 am »

mc16.exe /Append TREEPATH=Playlists\PlaylistName

That works. Thanks!

I created a batch file that repeats that 20 times, and assigned it a hotkey. So now I have an instant repeating pattern playlist. I'll probably never use it, but it's very cool. ;)

samwin241

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 12:59:11 am »

That works. Thanks!

I created a batch file that repeats that 20 times, and assigned it a hotkey. So now I have an instant repeating pattern playlist. I'll probably never use it, but it's very cool. ;)

Thanks guys, not sure that really will work. even if playing now is filled in this way via external, I cannot control duplicates into the playing now area as every reload of the Smartlist essentially goes through the library again.
The option to right click and "Add (as next to play)" is there a MCC function. As this may work better as I can inject straight after the current playing track instead of at the bottom, depending on the "sequence playback"  I need.

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 02:07:10 am »

I cannot control duplicates into the playing now area as every reload of the Smartlist essentially goes through the library again.

My batch file removes duplicates after PN is loaded (using MCC 10040). It makes little difference to the list I'm using, removing only 0 - 3 duplicates per 100 files. I suppose it might if I were drawing from years rather than decades.

The option to right click and "Add (as next to play)" is there a MCC function.

I don't see any such MCC command, but what difference is there in inserting a random set of tracks at the beginning instead of adding to the end of the list?
Pages: [1]   Go Up