INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17.0.26 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 2780 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 17.0.26 Beta -- Available Here
« on: November 01, 2011, 10:08:28 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/MediaCenter170026.exe

17.0.26 (10/31/2011)

1. Changed: Display setting changing resolution options in Options > Video are disabled until display setting changing is enabled.
2. Fixed: M4A tagging was not working (only applies to last few builds).
3. Faster: Improved performance of M4A tagging.
4. Fixed: The "clickfree" automatic backup device would cause Media Center to crash.
5. Fixed: Workaround for VirtualBox system timer bug that could cause various problems in Media Center.
6. NEW: Reworked Theater View's presentation engine so that it's less likely to spend time waiting on vsyncs and works better at low refresh rates.
7. NEW: Added the ability to apply volume levelling and other DSP when converting files for use on a handheld.
8. Fixed: SUB+IDX subtitles with multiple languages in the IDX were not working properly.

17.0.25 (10/28/2011)

1. Fixed: Configuring multiple Google or Weather.com weather locations did not work properly.
2. Fixed: The bitrate would not be imported for M4A files.
3. NEW: Added the ability to specify a separate A/V sync correction for 24 Hz than for other refresh rates (A/V sync correction requires using the JRiver audio engine).
4. NEW: Added an expression function FixSpacing(...) to convert camel case to normal spacing.  OneWord becomes One Word
5. Fixed: Text rendering in some areas of the program could appear blurry on Windows XP.
6. Fixed: Mouse wheel scrolling in the Theater View television grid didn't work.
7. Changed: Theater View mouse wheel scrolling works more like grab-n-drag or flick scrolling in that it can show partial items.
8. NEW: Added support for 3d .jps images (thumbnails and image playback only show the left eye image).

17.0.24 (10/27/2011)

1. Changed: Revised how the file system manager tracks UNC drives to work better with VMWare shares.
2. Fixed: While a blu-ray disc was ripping, some other actions, such as menu display were very slow.
3. Fixed: Log files were getting extremely large when certain blu-ray discs were analyzed by MC.
4. NEW: Theater View weather can use NOAA or Google Weather as data sources.
5. NEW: Theater View weather supports any number of user configurable locations.
6. NEW: Locate on Disk will work with a library server client if the client can directly access the files (through UNC or a mapped drive).
7. NEW: Send To will work with a library server client if the client can directly access the files (through UNC or a mapped drive).
8. Fixed: The option to show fanned thumbnails did not work in artist or series views.
9. Changed: Improved graph-building for Hauppauge Colossus video capture device.
10. NEW: Tag on Import -- when importing a folder or adding a folder to auto-import, tags can be applied to new files found in the folder (including full support for tag values built with expressions).
11. Changed: Audio line info for analog video capture channels is saved to registry on per video line basis so it is not necessary to redo audio line configuration each time a different video input channel is played.
12. Fixed: A faint 'There are no items to display.' could appear in the background of Theater View.
13. NEW: The font for text-based subtitles can be selected in Options > Video > Subtitles & Language.

17.0.23 (10/25/2011)

1. Changed: Updated to madVR 0.77.
2. NEW: Artist and series images work on a Library Server client (they will only work on a client after using the images at least once on the server).
3. Changed: When connecting to a Library Server where the zones haven't been given friendly names, 'There: Here' will be displayed as simply 'There'.
4. Changed: Improved how drag-n-drop works on a Library Server client when it can find files directly.
5. Fixed: mymovies.xml files weren't working properly for Blu-ray titles.

17.0.22 (10/24/2011)

1. NEW: MC supports Hauppauge Colossus video capture device.  Untested.  Please test and report problems.
2. Fixed: Auto-import engine better handles ripped Blu-rays (previously it would log too much and unnecessarily analyze movies that were already imported).
3. Faster: Blu-ray anaylzer is about 5x faster (playback starts faster, and import happens faster).
5. NEW: Native MP4 plugin supports local raw AAC files.
6. Changed: Added logging to help troubleshoot UNC files being unreachable on some machines.
7. Fixed: Some previous TV recordings (jtv) would not play in MC17.
8. Fixed: Toggling list styles in Theater View no longer rolls through the TV grid style unless the view contains only television guide items.
9. Changed: Theater View says 'There are no items to display.' when viewing an empty file list.
10. Fixed: When the guide was empty in Theater View, it would draw an orphaned column header with no text.
11. Fixed: Selecting a subtitle for non-DVD playback could crash.
12. NEW: When deleting a video, a sidecar .EDL file with the same name will also be deleted.

17.0.21 (10/21/2011)

1. Changed: Updated to madVR 0.76.
2. Faster: When starting Play Doctor, playback will begin immediately while the prescription is filled in a background thread.
3. Fixed: Pushing to a DLNA device could dead-lock at the end of a track.
4. Fixed: DVD playback over library server had poor video quality on some content.
5. Fixed: When controlling a DLNA device, the UI would not update nicely for playback state changes.
6. NEW: On a Library Server client, dragging will allow dragging files to other programs if the file can be found through a UNC path or mapped drive.

17.0.20 (10/19/2011)

1. Changed: Media Center 17 no longer honors a Media Center 16 license.
2. NEW: Live TV uses custom madVR overlay drawing so the OSD will not change the display from exclusive mode to windowed mode.
3. Changed: Added 'Disk' to the Theater View default image and video views.
4. Changed: MC ignores some MP4/MOV atoms that have names that coincide with Apple iTunes metadata atoms but written in formats different from iTunes data.
5. NEW: Sidecar subtitles are supported when watching a ripped DVD.

17.0.19 (10/15/2011)

1. Fixed: Importing files could crash.
2. Changed: Small change to the Theater View fade-in animation time used in lists.

17.0.18 (10/14/2011)

1. Fixed: Sorting was not working properly in some cases (only applies to the last few builds).
2. Changed: Thumbnailing honors the playback range of a video.
3. Changed: Video thumbnailing uses PNG instead of JPEG for data interchange for slightly better quality.
4. Fixed: Image rotation and edits were not being honored at playback time.
5. Changed: Play Doctor better handles the case where it's seeded with a single song that's an artist's only song in the library.
6. Changed: Windows 7 taskbar button for MC now shows the currently playing track in the tooltip.
7. Fixed: Video thumbnails could grab from the beginning of a file instead of at the configured time.

17.0.17 (10/13/2011)

1. Fixed: When switching from PCM to DSD bitstreaming over ASIO, the first play of DSD could fail with some devices.
2. Fixed: Series category thumbnail views in Standard View were not using series images.
3. Changed: Lists did not intelligently select a thumbnail aspect ratio in artist or series image views.
4. Changed: Merged the Standard View and Theater View thumbnail aspect ratio selection code (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
5. Fixed: The v4+ style blocks would not be parsed for some SSA subtitles.
6. Changed: The Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool will allow files from optical discs to be copied (but still not renamed since optical discs are read-only).
7. Fixed: MC would crash when user cancels time-shifting with analog television devices.
8. Changed: MC no longer requires ArcSoft MPEG Demultiplexer filter for a Hauppauge HD PVR video capture device to work.
9. Changed: MC does a better job of deciding when a DVD disc is a set of TV shows rather than a movie.  Blu-ray still needs work.

17.0.16 (10/12/2011)

1. NEW: Video playback will load a sidecar commercial skip file in the .edl format and honor skips and mutes.
2. Fixed: The wrong default title was getting chosen for blu-ray discs.
3. Changed: The 'Subtitles' on screen display (OSD) choice no longer appears for videos with no subtitles.
4. Fixed: Right in a details list in Theater View would go to the next item (only applies to build 15).
5. Fixed: Cover Art > Get From Internet was not working properly for television shows that were ripped from a DVD.
6. Fixed: Hulu and Netflix weren't working in Theater View.

17.0.15 (10/11/2011)

1. NEW: MC handles audio video format change (MPEG-2, H.264, AC3, AAC etc.) during channel changes so DVB-T2 channels can be played.
2. Fixed: Configuring television tuner (clicking Configure button with selected tuner device) would cause MC to hang.
3. Fixed: Certain blu-ray titles could stall out with a black screen when starting playback (title scanning bug).
4. Changed: Carnac won't change capitalization when a value already uses title case.
5. Changed: Carnac better understands series ranges like "Curb Your Enthusiasm S4E1-6".
6. Changed: Carnac does a better job with miniseries that have episode values but no season.
7. Fixed: The new option to show a search at the file level in Theater View didn't work properly with nested views.
8. Changed: Tuned Theater View thumbnail aspect ratio and sizing.
9. Changed: Television series images are stored like artist images so that per-episode thumbnails can still be used.
10. Changed: Revised the message shown when registering / testing a Library Server.
11. Changed: Media subtype on ripped movies is set to "TV Show" rather than "Movie" if there are several shorter titles.
12. Fixed: Each database load would unnecessarily resave mediafiles.jmd (harmless but slow).
13. Changed: Expressions support &DataType=[Integer] to specify that the output should be treated as an integer.
14. Changed: Pushing right on the right-most thumbnail in a list in Theater View goes to the first thumbnail on the next row.

)p(

Re: Media Center 17.0.26 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 11:15:55 am »

Flicking also does not work with this version on touch screens. It does in mc16.
It does not let me scroll further then one screen height. And when I use the scrollbar to go further and then do a flick it brings me right back to the top instead of flick and scroll further in the list.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 11:17:16 am »

Flicking also does not work with this version on touch screens. It does in mc16.
It does not let me scroll further then one screen height. And when I use the scrollbar to go further and then do a flick it brings me right back to the top instead of flick and scroll further in the list.
From your other post on this:
This is on an ipad using splashremote to connect to the pc.
Can you test on the PC?

)p(

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 11:30:23 am »

From your other post on this:Can you test on the PC?

Acts the same. I can scroll in mc16. In mc17 I drag flick the mouse and mc jumps to the top of the list instead of scrolling further.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 12:17:44 pm »

Something I am noticing this morning:

When I select cover art for more than 20 albums, it finds the cover art for the first 20 as usual, but then after that, it won't find any. Not a big deal because I can just request them again as the first 20 and it will work fine, but odd behavior nonetheless. Just upgraded to 17.026 from 16.181 this morning and it is the first I've noticed of it.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 02:56:04 pm »

Just out of curiosity, what is the reason behind this addition:
Added the ability to specify a separate A/V sync correction for 24 Hz than for other refresh rates
?

I use this function for all video material, but have not noticed any difference in e.g. 50 and 24Hz material (played back at 50 and 24Hz, respectively).

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 02:00:09 pm »

Are there any reason for not reusing MadVR settings when a new version is installed ?
I am especially interested in keeping the 'enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode' as checked.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 02:08:11 pm »

Something I am noticing this morning:

When I select cover art for more than 20 albums, it finds the cover art for the first 20 as usual, but then after that, it won't find any. Not a big deal because I can just request them again as the first 20 and it will work fine, but odd behavior nonetheless. Just upgraded to 17.026 from 16.181 this morning and it is the first I've noticed of it.

This is already fixed in the next build (yet unreleased).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up