INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable wait/loading screen during track changes?  (Read 1445 times)

mvph1

• Recent member
Disable wait/loading screen during track changes?
« on: November 02, 2011, 12:50:22 pm »

Hi,
I'm a home theater user and moved to MC since it's the only media manager I've found that can use my playback filter chain for LAV->ffdshow->madvr->reclock.  The main feature I wanted that was missing from other media managers was the ability to play custom intros or trailers before the start of a movie.  Since MC supports smart playlists and has an API, I just decided to write my own. 

So I've been able to cobble a working event plugin based on the docs and code snippets on this forum and have it working the way I want to.  The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to disable the loading/waiting animation that you see between track changes in the playlist.  Is this a setting or is there a way to disable this without hacking the data files?  Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Disable wait/loading screen during track changes?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:22:13 pm »

Welcome to Interact.

You shouldn't see any animation if a video is able to load in a second or so.  If it takes longer, we do show something to indicate it's loading.  Is it slow for some reason?

Also, you might try the native audio engine with VideoClock instead of Reclock.  It does a better job of synchronizing with madVR since it reads the physical refresh rate directly from madVR instead of querying itself (like Reclock does).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mvph1

• Recent member
Re: Disable wait/loading screen during track changes?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 01:51:35 pm »

I'm testing it from a laptop's internal drive with various video clips, but haven't tried it yet on my home HTPC.  I have a feeling it'll be slower on the HTPC since my library spans multiple external USB drives (not RAID'd) and the drives will randomly enter a sleep state.  Is there a way to disable this loading screen--at least in theater view?

I'll have to play around with VideoClock sometime.  Reclock has been good for slowing down PAL videos to the display's refresh rate, upsampling, and using WASAPI.

Pages: [1]   Go Up