INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Choosing a DLNA server while in MC17 locally  (Read 1495 times)

rjw57

• Recent member
Choosing a DLNA server while in MC17 locally
« on: November 03, 2011, 08:21:01 pm »

I must admit that as I get older, things are a lot harder to understand.  I have created a pair of DLNA servers with different characteristics.  One is called "Integra Streaming" and the other is "Verizon Streaming."  I would like to render the files at the PC that I am on (which contains my media files) on my Integra AVR and use a different version of the DLNA server when streaming media to my phone.  The Integra version of a DLNA server does no conversion of files since I wish to play at full bitrate and without an MP3 encoding scheme.  Obviously, I don't want to do the same on my phone.  I would like to know how, when I am working in MC17 locally, do I choose the Integra DLNA mode versus the Verizon DLNA mode (I seem to default for some reason to the Verizon mode).  Perhaps my question does not make sense if I am missing the big picture.  I hope that someone can interpret my question.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Choosing a DLNA server while in MC17 locally
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 11:08:22 am »

When you connect to MC with a DLNA renderer or DLNA player to PULL content, the server you select determines which settings are used.

When you PUSH music from MC to a pushable renderer (DMR) the first server in the list of servers is the one whose settings are used.

rjw57

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 06:12:23 pm »

Thanks for your reply.  I thought this was the issue.  OK, so how do I change the order of the servers?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 09:25:05 am »

Thanks for your reply.  I thought this was the issue.  OK, so how do I change the order of the servers?

Delete and re-add the servers. IIRC the last one created shows up first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up