INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library selection in v17  (Read 1379 times)

twebb72

• Junior Woodchuck
Library selection in v17
« on: November 03, 2011, 09:00:33 pm »

Doesn't seem like I can hide the "main library". I loaded my v15 library from a custom location while upgrading, now I have two libraries: "Main Library" (default, empty) and "My Library" (loaded from a copy of v15) -- I can't seem to delete or hide the "Main Library" as its not needed (both options are unavailable).
Thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Library selection in v17
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 10:12:31 pm »

You can rename the default library, but not remove it.

The program requires a library at a known location it can fall back to if something goes wrong with a custom library.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jack wallstreet

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 10:22:55 pm »

FYI,  I rename it to "empty" and keep it empty.  All my other libraries have custom locations.  Seems to work just fine.
John

twebb72

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 10:27:35 pm »

Feature request:
-- Ability to hide main library
-- If only one library is available, hide the "Playing from Library" folder from Playing Now tree node.
:)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 10:37:23 pm »

I rename mine Local and use it to import ONLY files that live on the C drive.  I hardly ever use it, but it is occasionally useful to have a way to use MC on random media files you have on the C drive, even if most of your media lives off on a separate drive elsewhere.

Every so often, I update the "framework" of the Local library to match my "real" library.  This is easy:

1. Make a backup of your main library, and save it somewhere easy to get to, like the Desktop.
2. Switch to the Local library.
3. Restore the backup.  DON'T check the "restore settings" box, as you don't need that part.
4. Switch to the "all files" top-level View I made for file management (if you don't have one of these, you really should).
5. Select All the files.  Delete, and choose "Remove from Library" (DO NOT choose any of the other delete options, as that'll delete your files if it can get to them).
6. Setup Auto-Import to watch the whole C drive (or whatever subset you want it to include).
7. Switch back to your regular Library.

It is a handy tool to have, occasionally.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Library selection in v17--separate prefs for separate libraries?
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 09:39:55 am »

Has the evolution of MC yet provided totally separate preferences for each library?  My example is that my audiobooks/spoken word library could never coexist on the same version/install of MC; therefore, I use my MC15 license (and previously MJ) to curate my (Coast to Coast 20,000 files) library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up