INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting custom upsampling rates in MC17  (Read 2366 times)

Tomk

Setting custom upsampling rates in MC17
« on: November 04, 2011, 07:47:39 pm »

Hi, I'm new here.

I have build 17.0.26 which I upgraded to because I read the following in the "New features for MC17 thread":

"Upsample by Samplerate -- set MC17 to output any sample rate for each samplerate you have  -- 88.2 for 44.1, for example"

So I understood this to mean that I can make a 44khz file resample to 88 khz and then make a 192khz file resample to 96khz.

The area I have found for setting up resampling is in the menu that shows "DSP and audio output" from the Settings menu (From tools->options). 

It has relatively limited options.  Currently Im using "only sources less than 44khz and greater than 192", but I'd like  a little more control since my Halide Design Bridge has two master clocks.  It can handle sample rates that are multiples of 44khz or 48 khz (up to 96khz), so Id like to mangle my bits as little as possible by specifying a "map" of what gets resampled to what.

Im using WASAPI BTW, I had limited success getting ASIO to work...

As some background info, I had a CD player with the legendary philips 2.1  transport and it sounds more or less identical (going into a separate dac) to JRiver with the Design Bridge run through an ADUM USB isolator.  Of course JRiver plays so much more than a mere CD player, so I'm very happy.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Setting custom upsampling rates in MC17
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 10:52:14 pm »

I think you want the .27 build. There you can map any sample rate to what you want. 44 to 96 , 192 to 44... ect. Each one can be mapped...
Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Tomk

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 11:13:18 pm »

Whoah, right you are.  I upgraded from 17.0.26 to 17.0.27 and there it is. 

I was one stinking day early upgrading from version 15.

Thanks.  Now I can try to get ASIO working again. 

Tomk

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 11:35:51 pm »

One minor thing I noticed after the upgrade.

Just by looking at "DSP and audio output" I get a prompt asking if I want to save changes when I leave (even if I don't change anything).  Not a huge deal, but I noticed it.

This sampling table is exactly what I wanted.  The feature is actually a pretty big deal for audiophile listeners.  Glad to see them getting some support.  Many of the video features look great as well, but some of us are just here for the music!

Cheers

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 01:20:34 am »

If you close the window by using the X in the upper right hand corner is does ask you to save or discard. If you use the ok or cancel it does not...

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)
Pages: [1]   Go Up