INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-T & MPEG4 channel playpack in MC17 (and build181 of mc16)  (Read 4171 times)

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
DVB-T & MPEG4 channel playpack in MC17 (and build181 of mc16)
« on: November 05, 2011, 08:43:43 am »

So, i noticed that in the latest updates, MC can almost playback Mpeg4 encoded channels over DVB-T which is the standard for digital channel broadcast here in Greece. That's a huge step forward. So far so good, but the problems start as soon as time shifting kicks in.

When i try to start a channel, time shifting starts too and all i get, is just sound without any image. As soon as i press "cancel timeshifting", everything works ok. Is there anyway i can disable timeshifting when starting a channel until this is fixed?

Another problem i'm getting, is about the image itself, in some channels, some "green square boxes" show up in the lower right side of the video flickering, until i switch a channel. Not much of a problem but it gets annoying over time.

If there's any log i can send you to help you troubleshoot that, i'll send asap.

ps: Upgrading to mc17 licence today \0/

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DVB-T & MPEG4 channel playpack in MC17 (and build181 of mc16)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 09:43:11 am »

Progress on DVB is indeed good news for us Europeans!

I have similar issues with DVB-T2 (which is our HD standard in UK).

At the moment it seems:

DVB-T:
Audio - MPEG1; Video - MPEG2 -- work fine in timeshift and nontimeshift
Audio - MPEG1; Video - MPEG4 -- Audio OK, no video in timeshift; All OK in nontimeshift
Audio - MPEG1; Video - None -- Sometimes work in timeshift; work OK in nontimeshift (ie Radio channels)

DVB-T2:
Audio - HE-AAC; Video - MPEG4 -- Nada in timeshift; Video OK, No audio in nontimeshift

Recorded TS streams play back OK however (outside of the TV engine)

Looking forward to further progress on DVB. Maybe implement DVB-S/S2 once the new multistandard jtv file format has the bugs ironed out! The tuning part should be quite similar to DVB-T, channel scan maybe not so similar! So maybe an 'early' option to add sat channels manually until scan is sorted?!
If the TV engine is failing to connect the right pins on channel change to one of these 'newer' DVB standards and thus failing to play either audio or video or both, then would it help if this was saved and editable in the Channel list (such as the AC3 option now)? DVB Viewer stores the channel info this way with a dropdown menu for Video (None (for radio) or MPEG2 or h264) and Audio (MPEG2 or AC3 or AAC). If the info is already known from the channel scan then the TV engine should be able to connect the pins to the right filters automatically without having to read the standard on the fly. (or maybe MC works this way already?).

SBR

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 11:29:01 am »

BUMP!

Yaobing, could we get a reply please?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 02:18:29 pm »

BUMP!

Yaobing, could we get a reply please?

I am working on these issues.

When i try to start a channel, time shifting starts too and all i get, is just sound without any image. As soon as i press "cancel timeshifting", everything works ok. Is there anyway i can disable timeshifting when starting a channel until this is fixed?

We used to have an option of not starting in time-shifting mode.  That was removed and we are not going to add it back.  The more important thing to do is to fix whatever needs to be fixed so time-shifting will work.

I am making some progress.  Please test again when a new build of MC17 is out.  Then you can email me a log.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 11:50:14 am »

Good to know you are working on these issues.

I can't wait until the time comes, i press the uninstall button on WMC :P

Again thanks a lot :)

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 12:07:09 pm »

MC17 build 31 :

Playing back dvb-t mpeg4 channels with RO HQ = MC Crashes after a few seconds

Playing back dvb-t mpeg4 channels with RO Standard = Timeshifting works, I have visual image and sound and everything \0/ although i do get green artifacts on the screen:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How can i send you a log should you need one?

ps: you're making huge progress here:D

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 02:42:16 pm »

How can i send you a log should you need one?

yaobing at jriver dot com

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 04:06:46 pm »

yaobing at jriver dot com

Email sent (as spyros.g at gmail dot com)

I've attached both the directshow graph and a program log so hopefully you can catch that application crash with timeshifting and RO HQ on dvb-t mpeg4 channels.

Thanks a ton! :D

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 02:13:13 pm »

Thanks for emailing the log.  Unfortunately I have to ask you to re-do it since the one you sent does not contain any TV or video playback entries.  My guess is you restarted MC after a crash and sent me log.txt.  After you restart MC, you need to send "Previous Log.txt".

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 03:18:43 pm »

Thanks for emailing the log.  Unfortunately I have to ask you to re-do it since the one you sent does not contain any TV or video playback entries.  My guess is you restarted MC after a crash and sent me log.txt.  After you restart MC, you need to send "Previous Log.txt".

Oh, i'm sorry i didn't know about that:P

I'm sending you some logs again:

I captured graphs and logs from both RO Standard & RO HQ (getting a crash almost instantly, so i tried the previous log option) playback.

I hope that helps. I'll send them again if they are not good this time too:P

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 05:10:03 pm »

Hey Arbiter,

How are things now with the latest 17.0.46? Are your issues better?
MPEG4 channels are working well for me now.

SBR

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 08:06:14 am »

Hey Arbiter,

How are things now with the latest 17.0.46? Are your issues better?
MPEG4 channels are working well for me now.

SBR

Yes, almost all my issues are solved and i'm enjoying mpeg4 channels with MC :D My only concern is, that some times when switching from digital to analogue channels on the fly, i get some playback could not be started errors, but i'm suspecting that they could be driver related annoyances.

Kudos to Yaobing for the awesome job done!

ps: i've set up EPG Collector as the xmltv feed in jrmc and that took care of the missing over the air epg for me :D It's brilliant and you should try it out ;)

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 03:40:52 pm »

Yes, almost all my issues are solved and i'm enjoying mpeg4 channels with MC :D
That's great to hear!
My only concern is, that some times when switching from digital to analogue channels on the fly, i get some playback could not be started errors, but i'm suspecting that they could be driver related annoyances.
Keep an eye on it I guess, and try and work out if something is consistent and reproducible, then try and get a log of it.
Kudos to Yaobing for the awesome job done!
Yes, indeed. Much kudos!
ps: i've set up EPG Collector as the xmltv feed in MC and that took care of the missing over the air epg for me :D It's brilliant and you should try it out ;)
Cool, xmltvgui is working well for me at the moment, so I'm loathe to break a winning system, maybe one day when I have nothing else to do! Thanx for the feedback though. Was it easy to set up?

SBR

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 02:38:03 am »

That's great to hear!Keep an eye on it I guess, and try and work out if something is consistent and reproducible, then try and get a log of it.Yes, indeed. Much kudos!Cool, xmltvgui is working well for me at the moment, so I'm loathe to break a winning system, maybe one day when I have nothing else to do! Thanx for the feedback though. Was it easy to set up?

Well, it has to be driver related, because gigabyte sucks in producing working drivers, when it comes to their own tv tuners (e8000 owner here). I was going back and forth with them via email in the past year because of huge compatibility problems with their drivers and windows 7 and all  they did, was to give a patched up solution by using the BDA drivers directly from NXP. As a result some times when i boot my computer up, the tv tuner is not recognized at all. But i'm getting offtopic here, i will surely though keep an eye on it and report back :)

XMLtvgui didn't support Greek EPG from Digea or ERT (both are the main terestrial providers in Greece) last time i checked, but only Nova which is a subscribion based service provider. EPG Collector worked amazingly good, as soon as i typed in manualy the bandwidth and frequencies to scan. Now i have MC set up to invoke epgcollector once every day to fetch OTA information, which atm is the most accurate and with proper descriptions.

Now i'm trying to find a way to have channels with no EPG,to show up in "Guide" when navigating with Theater View.

ps: I want to apologize i only thanked Yaobing for the development and progress. I should say a huge thank you to you too, Sandy B Ridge as well for being so helpful around these parts  :) If you ever come to Greece, Ouzo and Beers are on me!

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 04:33:27 am »

Now i'm trying to find a way to have channels with no EPG,to show up in "Guide" when navigating with Theater View.
Ah yes! That is a minor problem! You can select these channels in the theaterview OSD whilst playing a channel. Arrow up/down until the current channel is shown, then arrow left/right until the channel you want is shown and then enter. I can do this from my remote. But I agree it would be nice to have an all channel list in theaterview. Maybe a bit like album view for CDs with the channel logos on them too? YADB could easily hold a bank of logo's.....
ps: I want to apologize i only thanked Yaobing for the development and progress. I should say a huge thank you to you too, Sandy B Ridge as well for being so helpful around these parts  :) If you ever come to Greece, Ouzo and Beers are on me!
Thank you, I'm only passing on help that I have received over the past few months..... The forum is an immensely helpful bunch of people.

Greece is truly beautiful. I had a wonderful sailing holiday in the Dodecanese a couple of years ago, and wish to return very soon! My son is only 5 months old, so a bit young at the moment to manage a yacht with him on board!

SBR

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 04:31:24 pm »

Just had a chance to play with EPG Collector.

Wow! Now all the gaps in my EPG have gone. So good. The only downside is that it takes ages to collect the data and ties up one of the tuners when doing so.

I'm going to see if I can set up the Windows Scheduler to get the info automatically at a more convenient time when I won't be watching/recording TV, say at 5am every day and only set MC to load the XML when it is run.

I think it is worth a post on its own. I'll start one.

SBR
Pages: [1]   Go Up