INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Server and Pioneer SC-27 Problem - Need Help  (Read 2000 times)

Living Stereo

• Recent member
Music Server and Pioneer SC-27 Problem - Need Help
« on: November 05, 2011, 02:56:20 pm »

I have just built my first Music Server, and all seems to be going well, with one exception, and I need some help.
First, The Specs for this machine are as follows:

OrigenAE S16-V HTPC Case
ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mother Board
AMD Phenom ll X4 Processor
ASUS Xonar Essence STX – PCI Express
EVGA - GeForce GT 520 2GB GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card
Two - 2TB Western Digital Black Series Hard Drives SATA
Asus CD/DVD SATA Drive
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
J River Media Center Software

I built the machine in my office, got it up and running, no problem. I loaded all my FLAC files on it and set up J River Media center. Most of my files are straight rips from CD’s and are 44.1K/16 Bit. Some are from other sources and are 96K/24 Bit and 192K/24 Bit. For my test set up I hooked up the HTPC to a Yamaha RX-V 520 AV Receiver via a Digital Coax Cable. As I played some of my files via J River Media Center, the display on the receiver would change from PCM to PCM 96K depending on the file being played. It would just display “unknown” If I played a 192K file but that is a limitation of this receiver. So I said to myself, Cool this works perfect, the computer is outputting the various resolutions properly, Yea ! The next step was to move the Music Server to my main rig which uses a Pioneer Elite SC-27 AV Receiver.

Now to the problem. Got it hooked up to the main system, same as above, Digital Coax to the Pioneer Elite SC-27. The problem is that the Pioneer does not display the resolution such as 192K Stereo, 96K Stereo on its display depending on the mode it’s in it just says STEREO or PCM. If I play something on my Oppo BDP-83 from a disc that has 192k or 96K info the Pioneer will display 192K Stereo or 96K Stereo. The Oppo is connected to the Pioneer via HDMI. Does anybody know why the Pioneer does not detect and display this info from my PC ? My little old Yamaha did. I can’t figure it out. Am I doing something wrong? Hope somebody can help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Music Server and Pioneer SC-27 Problem - Need Help
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 03:55:23 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

In MC's DSP Studio, double check the Output Mode settings and make sure you're resampling to what you want, and that the checkbox for Output Mode is checked.

Living Stereo

• Recent member
Re: Music Server and Pioneer SC-27 Problem - Need Help
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 08:30:43 pm »

I just double checked those settings and they are set correctly.  Is it possible that The pioneer will only recognize a hi resolution signal through HDMI only ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up