INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DTS-HD MA hardware decoding (Asus Xonar hdav1.3 Deluxe)?  (Read 4622 times)

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
DTS-HD MA hardware decoding (Asus Xonar hdav1.3 Deluxe)?
« on: November 07, 2011, 10:26:49 am »

Hello,

I noticed jriver now supports decoding of DTS-HD MA audio. My soundcard supports hardware decoding of HD sound formats (using TotalMedia Theater supplied with the soundcard).

Can I now use jriver and still have hardware decoding or...?

Thx for your help  :).

Best regards,
Mikkel

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DTS-HD MA hardware decoding (Asus Xonar hdav1.3 Deluxe)?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:45:03 am »

If by "Hardware Decoding" you mean bitstreaming to your receiver, and letting it decode the audio..

In any case, its not possible. The Xonar is locked, only TMT can use its HD audio capabilities.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 01:26:14 pm »

How unfortunate. I would let the soundcard decode and pass it via 8 ch analog out to the amp.
Thx for the help.

audunth

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 01:54:38 pm »

You can decode DTS-HD and pass it through a standard onboard sound card. The one on my 5 year old Asus main board has 8 channels with 4 stereo output jacks on the back. You do get the full bitrate that way, but the analog outputs on an onboard sound card aren't the best...
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 01:34:18 am »

Hi Audun,

Thx for your reply. Yes, letting jriver decode and pass it through the analog outputs is certainly possible.
What I was hoping for was letting the soundcard do the decoding (thus saving some cpu power and heat generation).

As far as I know, the ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 (deluxe) is the only soundcard that decodes HD sound formats without resampling. And the analog output is really something  :)

Best regards,
Mikkel

audunth

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 04:21:01 am »

The LAV audio decoder decodes without resampling if you put the dtsdecoderdll.dll from TMT in the folder. See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67401.0

Sound decoding uses so little CPU power that it's not going to make a difference on power or heat, at least if you have a processor from the last 5-6 years.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 04:25:00 am »

The LAV audio decoder decodes without resampling if you put the dtsdecoderdll.dll from TMT in the folder. See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67401.0

Sound decoding uses so little CPU power that it's not going to make a difference on power or heat, at least if you have a processor from the last 5-6 years.

I see. I'll give it a go, then. Then perhaps finally I won't have to switch between different players!
Pages: [1]   Go Up