INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.111 Hangs when closing  (Read 2194 times)

r_harms

• Junior Woodchuck
Media Center 16.0.111 Hangs when closing
« on: June 19, 2011, 07:38:37 pm »

Hello All,

I'm using window 7, 64bit with WASAPI Event using either the spidf on my HT OMEGA CLARO Plus or the HDMI on my Nvidia to my Onkyo receiver. Almost every time I try to close Media Center it hangs until I terminate it. It doesn't make much difference if it is playing or stopped, or whether it is playing audio or video. It has been happening over most of the 16 builds with no change so I figure it must be something in my system. I have also reinstalled Windows 7 not to long ago when I added my boot SSD drive with no change. It is a pretty clean system, no internet or networking of any kind.

Media Center and the system seems to be working well other than this problem. This system is used about 99% for Media Center and very little other software has been installed.

Any ideas where I could check for solutions?

Thanks in advance...

Rick

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 16.0.111 Hangs when closing
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 07:50:27 pm »

Did you try WASAPI?  Or DirectShow?

r_harms

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 08:19:26 pm »

I tried WASAPI (non Event) and it still hangs, I tried Direct Sound (Did not see Direct Show Option) and it looks like it closed normally.

80% of my Media Center usage is for bit perfect audio, hence my upgrading to Win 7 and Media Center so I hope I can find a workaround. For now I'm putting it to sleep with Media Center still running so I don't have to shut it down...

Rick

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 09:29:53 pm »

It sounds like a driver problem.  You could try ASIO if the device understands it.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 12:23:48 am »

I have been having this happen quite a lot recently also.  I am using Wasapi Event but with ATI card using HDMI to receiver.

Will try to send a log (don't have email on that machine so a bit annoying to send, would be good to have something that worked without email).

Thanks
Craig

r_harms

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 08:01:24 pm »

Well that is bad news...

I was planning on changing to an ATI graphics card so that I could use 88.2 and 176.4 files that don't work with the nvidia cards, and I thought that might solve my problem. Oh Well, with this amount of difference in drivers it looks like a WASAPI issue more than the drivers.

Well, I will still be changing video cards (can't live with re-sampling 88.2 & 176.4 because I'm a bit perfect kind of guy), but I can live with the crashing on close, I'm 100% hooked and committed to J River Media Center and will just keep putting her to sleep instead of shutting down...

Craig, could you confirm proper playback of 88.2 audio over HDMI with you ATI setup? I've searched the web, and the ATI site and it is very hard to find any kind of confirmation from any manufacture of this as 'supported'.

Thanks for the help and the advice.

Rick

Castius

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 01:19:01 am »

Having the same issue. I am running an ATI with HDMI connection as well. I have to force close every time.

svendatle

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 06:15:25 am »

I have the same problem with freeze on shut down,both in mc16 and 17 now,this was not a problem in version 15. i use asus xonar sound card and Asio driver.what is wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 12:19:14 pm »

If you get a hang on shutdown and have to kill the program, please restart and send the previous log (Help > Logging) to matt at jriver dot com with a link to this thread.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up